Default Duck hunting?

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 01:13:34 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 00:16:19 -0400, Disgusted wrote:

On 8/7/2011 11:54 PM,
wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 22:29:00 -0400, wrote:

On 8/7/2011 9:19 PM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
Here's the Mother of All Duck Blinds. Hell, it may even have an elevator.
Imagine you're a poor little pintail on his way to mama.

http://retiredredneck.com/wp-content...uck-blinds.bmp

It takes a really brave man to shoot a duck.

Who does it take to catch a fish?

Would it be OK if you caught ducks on a spinning rod and drown them?
That is what we do with fish

Of course there are millions of people who think fishing is murder
too. It does make shooting an animal with a gun seem pretty humane
when you think about it and really more so if you think of what we do
to the bait. ;-)

The guy moaning about hunting ducks is the same one that proposes human
heads on pikes.

I have never actually been duck hunting. That implies getting up early
and freezing your ass off in a duck blind for a nasty bird I won't eat
but I am not offended by the sport.
It is a fact that Ducks Unlimited has done more to protect the
environment along flyways and preserve the species than all the
PETA/Humane society types combined.

I've been duck hunting just south of Cocoa, FL, along the St. John's River. Had to get up early, but
it was nice and warm, water was warm, and we got a mess of ducks. Didn't have a blind. Just hid in
some trees and bushes along the shore.

Ducks were good eatin'. I guess people who whine about killing ducks don't eat chicken either, or
beef, or pork. Not much sport in the way those critters are killed either. Shoot, they don't even
have a chance to escape!

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 07:27:10 -0400, X-Man wrote:

On 8/8/11 6:53 AM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/8/11 1:13 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 00:16:19 -0400, wrote:

On 8/7/2011 9:19 PM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

I've never been hunting and I'll never go. I have accompanied friends on
hunts a couple of times, just to get out in the woods or fields with a
couple of buddies. I suppose my objection to hunting is the macho
bull**** that accompanies it, something I don't find in fishing. There's
nothing macho about shooting an animal.

But there is something really Macho about hooking a fish and killing the
dirty son of a bitch.

Sounds like Harry, if that's who's whining, needs to find a new set of friends. I've never witnessed
the 'macho bull****' which his buddies perform, but I suppose that's due to the people involved.
Probably a lot of beer drinking involved also.

One of our recent camping trips was to the Shenandoah River State Park. Across the river was what
the locals called 'Redneck Resort', a run-down camping area with a place for shooting. Lots of
gunfire from that side of the river, but it did die down when the sun went down. It died down when
one of our group hiking by the river saw some of the fools on the other side shooting at a snake in
the Shenandoah River. I suppose a 'stump' just wasn't exciting enough as a target.

On 8/7/2011 9:19 PM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

Whoops. The reason it died down after the snake shooting was 'cause the park rangers were called,
and they got the local deputies involved. Nice and quiet over there for a while!

On 8/7/2011 9:19 PM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

Thus proving my posit that absolutely no skill is needed to "hunt"
critters. If you can point a shotgun, you can kill ducks. How sporting,
how manly.

--
Don't forget to leave a bit of beef for rec.boat's right-wing
conservatrashers and ID spoofers to feed upon. The more they feed, the

On 8/8/11 8:42 AM, John H wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 07:27:10 -0400, wrote:

On 8/7/2011 9:19 PM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

Sounds like Herring can't read. I never said my friends were yakking up
the "sporting aspects" or "macho aspects" of hunting.

What were you doing in the river, Herring?

--
Don't forget to leave a bit of beef for rec.boat's right-wing
conservatrashers and ID spoofers to feed upon. The more they feed, the
quicker rec.boats will fall into the black hole of cyberspace and disappear.

On 8/8/11 7:40 AM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/8/11 7:30 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

On 8/7/2011 9:19 PM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

Ducks Unlimited "protects the environment" along migratory bird flyways
so there will be more migratory birds to kill.

Let me clarify my statement. That is exactly why I like Ducks
Unlimited. The same way my Fishing License protects the fish stock, so
I will have more fish to kill, Ducks Unlimited protects the environment
so there will be more ducks on the wild.

On 8/8/11 8:42 AM, John H wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 07:27:10 -0400, wrote:

I suppose a 'stump' just wasn't exciting enough as a target.

Hell yeah Stumpy is a macho target. Have you ever seen a stump get
****ed off and attack a human. It is not a pretty sight. It takes a
real man to kill a stump.

On 8/8/11 8:42 AM, John H wrote:
I suppose a 'stump' just wasn't exciting enough as a target.

Actually, poor old Stumpy was more of a target stand for the kind of
shooting you wouldn't have the skill to do.

Stumpy was exactly 25 yards from a shooting area we built up. Stumpy was
in front of a backstop of cut firewood with a natural earthen bank
behind the wood. We built a simple table and chairs out of pressure
treated lumber for our shooting area. We'd place various targets on top
of or attached to Stumpy. Any of us could blast empty pop cans off
Stumpy with a shotgun or rifle, but the real competition was with paper
targets.

And the part you couldn't do?

Shooting a pistol offhand or with a traditional two handed grip and
putting nine rounds out of 10 into a four inch circle 25 yards away.

*That* takes skill. Shooting critters with a rifle or shotgun takes very
little skill.

You want macho hunting? Go take photos of a large bear or cougar in the
wild with a camera with just a "normal" lens and fill the frame with the
animal's head. And don't bring a firearm.

--
Don't forget to leave a bit of beef for rec.boat's right-wing
conservatrashers and ID spoofers to feed upon. The more they feed, the
quicker rec.boats will fall into the black hole of cyberspace and disappear.

In article ,
says...

On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
Here's the Mother of All Duck Blinds. Hell, it may even have an elevator.
Imagine you're a poor little pintail on his way to mama.

http://retiredredneck.com/wp-content...uck-blinds.bmp

It takes a really brave man to shoot a duck.

Or to hook a fish, spoofer.

In article ,
says...

On 8/7/2011 9:19 PM, X - Man wrote:
On 8/7/11 8:45 PM, John H wrote:
[...]

Are you a vegan, spoofer?

Daughter wants to go hunting Frogwatch[_2_] General 25 August 24th 09 03:08 PM
Pirate Hunting Canuck57[_7_] General 26 May 20th 09 05:59 AM
Pirate Hunting Tim General 0 May 19th 09 04:03 AM
OT Duck, duck....goosed! JimH General 1 January 30th 06 03:21 PM
If it walks like a liberal duck and spends like a liberal duck Vito ASA 10 December 7th 04 05:58 PM