Default Fuzzy Math

On 05/08/2011 5:00 PM, BeachBum wrote:
On 8/5/2011 6:46 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
On 05/08/2011 3:53 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:20:35 -0600,
wrote:

On 05/08/2011 12:19 PM, Eisboch wrote:

wrote in message
On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 09:41:45 -0400, wrote:

I am not very good at math.

Can someone explain that how adding 117,000 new jobs/mo (good news)
when it
takes 157,000 or more/mo to keep up with the population growth
causes
the
unemployment rate to *drop*?

Clearly. It's better than 18K jobs added or even a negative number. I
guess you don't remember the US bleeding 700K jobs per month during
the last part of the Bush admin/beginning of the Obama admin.

I understand that. I didn't understand how 117K/mo of new jobs
lowered the
official unemployment rate if it takes at least 157K/mo of new jobs
just to
stay even.

However, someone else gave a plausible explaination. The government
only
counts
people who are actively looking for jobs. Those that aren't or gave up
are not
counted.

In other words : Fuzzy math.

Yep. I still count people unemployed for a year and still pounding out
resumes with no luck. A lot of people giving up, sad.

I would not doubt real unemployment without the fleabagger bull**** is
over 20%. And it is going to get higher. Freaking fleabaggers don't
realize Bernanke inflation is causing unemployment.

If a person earns/spends 20 units of stuff, 5% inflation be it food
costs or civic/state/fed taxes is next month 19 units....1/20th less
need for employment. The hidden costs of inflation.

Bernanke needs to stop his electronic counterfeiting (QE) as really it
is an inflationary tax on the worlds reserve currency. People are
catching onto this fraud.

Debts need to balance up and pay a fair rate. But hey, I profited today
in cherry picking some good stocks tha have already returned gains.
Lots of weak bottoms today.

Oh shut up. Nobody cares what a fool like you has to say.

http://www.france24.com/en/20110805-...ely-save-us-eu

Read an weep. Your biggest non-US Fed creditor just stated USA needs to
stop the fraud. Fleabaggers can blame the Chinese, but USA screwed
itself with debt.

The crazy little bitch advocates stifling free speech now.
China owns us now. We'd better heed their warnings.

Yep. If China stops propping up the USD, Americans are going to wake
one day to 100% inflation in a day.

Happened in 1933, where gold was confiscated as it was linked to the
dollar at 1/20th of an ounce. After the executive order obtained the
gold at $20/oz, they devalued the buck to $35/oz. If you had gold not
sent to the government, your were laughing. But if you wanted to import
something you were hosed and inflation even in local goods rippled
through for well over a year....

They can't really do gold this time for Americans. But say wealth
confiscation tax might be possible. It is why some companies I follow
are splitting up and moving a good part of world operations offshore.
If offshore, and US ops loose money, if hey make a profit in China from
China made they don't have USA world tax.

Yep, US tax greed, ya, they can all share having nothing as business
moves out.
--
Seems like paying your bills with real money is no longer the accepted
behavior in USA. Perhaps that is the problem and not the the solution.

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:12:00 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
. ..

On Fri, 5 Aug 2011 09:41:45 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

In other words : Fuzzy math.

Well, I guess it is, but it's not any more misleading that it always
has been. So, I guess I'd say the new fuzzy math is the same as the
old fuzzy math. (Seems like there's a rock tune along the same lines,
but I can't recall which one.)

I'll see if I can get one of the Bob Dylan wannbies at my shop to write
something. :-)

BTW ... thanks for your reasoned and well presented rebuttals to my recent
opinions posted here.
Goes to prove that rec.boats participants can still carry on a civil
discussion, even if they disagree.

Eisboch

Darn it, I forgot to call you a moron. Oh well!

Actually, I hunted around it was The Who...

wrote in message
[...]

Nobody cares what you think (and I use that term loosely with you).
The fact is that investors are FLOCKING to the US as the best haven
for their money.

wrote in message
[...]

Yep, you're stupid and another moron agrees with you. Call CNN!

Math Predictor John H[_9_] General 16 October 13th 09 04:48 PM
Need Help with the Math JohnH[_5_] General 0 September 14th 09 06:01 PM
Rules of the Road Fuzzy - ON TOPIC! akheel General 11 August 3rd 08 02:41 AM
Do the math Capt.Mooron ASA 3 December 8th 05 10:29 PM
Do the math Scotty ASA 0 December 8th 05 06:08 PM