Default statesmen

One of these two is more than just a politician.

"Just like we knew shutting down the government in 1995 was not going
to work for us — it helped Bill Clinton get reelected — I refuse to
help Barack Obama get reelected by marching Republicans into a
position where we have co-ownership of a bad economy.”

-- Mitch McConnell (talking the Laura Ingraham)

"May the day of judging President Nixon on anything less than his
entire life and career come to a close."

-- Pres. Bill Clinton at Nixon's funeral

On Jul 18, 10:17*pm, wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 20:47:15 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

On 18/07/2011 3:27 PM, wrote:
One of these two is more than just a politician.

"Just like we knew shutting down the government in 1995 was not going
to work for us — it helped Bill Clinton get reelected — I refuse to
help Barack Obama get reelected by marching Republicans into a
position where we have co-ownership of a bad economy.”

-- Mitch McConnell (talking the Laura Ingraham)

"May the day of judging President Nixon on anything less than his
entire life and career come to a close."

-- Pres. Bill Clinton at Nixon's funeral

Nothing from 57 state Obama?

Nothing from Knuckles.

Nothing from D'Plume either.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:27:46 -0700, wrote:

One of these two is more than just a politician.

"Just like we knew shutting down the government in 1995 was not going
to work for us — it helped Bill Clinton get reelected — I refuse to
help Barack Obama get reelected by marching Republicans into a
position where we have co-ownership of a bad economy.”

-- Mitch McConnell (talking the Laura Ingraham)

"May the day of judging President Nixon on anything less than his
entire life and career come to a close."

-- Pres. Bill Clinton at Nixon's funeral

Another contrast in behavior...

Wasserman Schultz had said on the House floor that “the gentleman from
Florida, who represents thousands of Medicare beneficiaries, as do I,
is supportive of this plan that would increase costs for Medicare
beneficiaries – unbelievable for a member from South Florida.”

His response via email...

"Look, Debbie, I understand that after I departed the House floor you
directed your floor speech comments directly towards me. Let me make
myself perfectly clear, you want a personal fight, I am happy to
oblige. You are the most vile, unprofessional ,and despicable member
of the US House of Representatives. If you have something to say to
me, stop being a coward and say it to my face, otherwise, shut the
heck up. Focus on your own congressional district!

I am bringing your actions today to our Majority Leader and Majority
Whip and from this time forward, understand that I shall defend myself
forthright against your heinous characterless behavior……which dates
back to the disgusting protest you ordered at my campaign hqs, October
2010 in Deerfield Beach.

You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall
not be afforded due respect from me!"

Here's the info about the protest:

U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D- Weston, headlined a protest
march Friday outside the Deerfield Beach campaign headquarters of
Allen West, the Republican candidate in a neighboring district.

She charged that West, who is seeking to unseat U.S. Rep. Ron Klein,
D- Boca Raton, is associated with vicious, degrading attitudes toward
women.

The evidence: A West-written column that appears in a biker magazine
called Miami Mike's Wheels on the Road, which calls itself the "South
Florida Biker's Bible." The publication which is contains many racy
pictures, and even more racier words, lists West as a contributing
writer.

In the October 2010 issue, West's column "Washingtoons" appears on
page 20. Another column, on page 40, says the upcoming election is the
time to get rid of "Barry Obongo," and asks readers to imagine having
sex with Wasserman Schultz.

Other issues of the magazine have referred to women as "oral relief
stations," depicts their roles as serving men, and says they should
wear "slave chokers" as accessories.

wrote:

[...]

Agreed. Schultz is a douchebag. Say, you should try to hook up with West. He'd show you a really good time.