Default Generators, tools, too much water and caves

Two weeks of working on the cabin outside of Casper WY with very
little internet access. However, the 2000 Watt Yamaha generator has
performed flawlessly mostly operating my Sawzall to make repairs on
the log cabin. Sure beats using an axe at 8000' altitude.
I installed a 550 gallon water tank, rigged a system to transfer water
from my truck mounted 100 gal tank to the stationary tank (I can buy
100 gals of potable water for 25 cents). Used the generator to
operate an electric drill to fix the fence and gate etc. Bought two
7" x7" x8' posts to prop up the cabin roof, fixed major roof leaks
etc.
Actually kinda cold at 8000'. The extreme snowpack has caused all
rivers out here to flood with the N. Platte running waaaaaay over its
banks. Where it goes around the dam and into the overflow spillway
from Pathfinder Reservoir and into Fremont Canyon, it falls a hundred
feet into a torrent that makes so much spray the plume can be seen
miles away.
Now we are at the National Speleological Society convention at
Glenwood Springs in CO. My younger daughter wants to spend here 15 yr
birthday in a cave on Tuesday.Although I feel I am in better physical
shape than most people I see here, I am just getting too old to be
scaring myself to death but I do not dare to let my daughter down.
Next week, it is on to Los Alamos, NM (work) and then home again to
Tallahassee, FL. I actually miss the heat and humidity.
Back to boating soon.

On 7/17/11 11:38 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a nice vacation. Have fun.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 20:38:54 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

[...]

Is your boat hauled out in the Abacos? There's a tropical storm
brewing out that way.

generators longshot General 12 April 11th 07 04:45 AM
Tools for Joe Frank Boettcher ASA 18 August 6th 06 02:35 AM
I found my tools! Kevin Noble General 0 July 7th 05 09:30 PM
My TOOLS [email protected] General 3 July 6th 05 09:46 PM