dorian.merrill

Default paddler magazine article- Nov Dec 1999

Does anyone have a copy of Paddler from Nov Dec 1999 ? I am looking for the
author and page number of an article called "take me to the river, squeeze
me on the water"

Please email me the info at
Thanks
Todd

Mike McCrea

Todd,

Authors were Jeff Bennett and Tom Bie. Tom was Managing Editor at
Paddler at that time.

The article was on pages 68-73.

"dorian.merrill" wrote in message news:0mQrb.162904$Fm2.143875@attbi_s04...
Does anyone have a copy of Paddler from Nov Dec 1999 ? I am looking for the
author and page number of an article called "take me to the river, squeeze
me on the water"

Please email me the info at
Thanks
Todd

Oci-One Kanubi

(Mike McCrea) typed:

Authors were Jeff Bennett and Tom Bie. Tom was Managing Editor at
Paddler at that time.

The article was on pages 68-73.

"dorian.merrill" wrote in message news:0mQrb.162904$Fm2.143875@attbi_s04...
Does anyone have a copy of Paddler from Nov Dec 1999 ? I am looking for the
author and page number of an article called "take me to the river, squeeze
me on the water"

Please email me the info at

Thanks
Todd

Isn't it pathetic, Mike, the way we keep hanging out at r.b.p,
helplessly hoping that SOMEone, SOMEtime, will come back and start
posting interesting messages, or, at the least, an uninteresting
question that we can answer?

I mean, even Dorian Merrill is evidently so bored here that he doesn't
want to come back to read yer answer; he wants you to take the trouble
to eMail it to him! Newsflash, Dorian: message traffic on r.b.p is so
light these days that you could come back in a week and a half and yer
thread would still be near the top of the list!

O for a good troll to bash. Yawn.

-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
Richard Hopley Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll
rhopley[at]wfubmc[dot]edu
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters
Mike McCrea

Oci-One,

I e-mailed him as well, but also posted the answer here.

Once I have a few minutes to spare I'll write up a trip report from
the past weekend's Gentlemen's Paddling Weekend. We got out on a bunch
of eastern shore cypress swamp creeks at flood, and paddled under the
lunar eclipse as well.

The Gent's trip - Good weekend, good paddling, good friends, good
single barrel bourbon.
Eric

I still read everything you two post. Last question I posted, I got
flamed by a troll. Made me gun shy.

However, one of these days I'm going to go paddling with Mike. Single
barrel bourbon and I know he's a coffee drinker. What else can you ask for?

Eric

PS Mike - the baby is now 14 weeks and likes getting her face wet in the
water. After January we'll start with the swimming classes. Getting
ready for the family paddle!

Mike McCrea wrote:
Oci-One,

I e-mailed him as well, but also posted the answer here.

Once I have a few minutes to spare I'll write up a trip report from
the past weekend's Gentlemen's Paddling Weekend. We got out on a bunch
of eastern shore cypress swamp creeks at flood, and paddled under the
lunar eclipse as well.

The Gent's trip - Good weekend, good paddling, good friends, good
single barrel bourbon.

Oci-One Kanubi

Mike McCrea wrote:
Oci-One,

I e-mailed him as well, but also posted the answer here.

Once I have a few minutes to spare I'll write up a trip report from
the past weekend's Gentlemen's Paddling Weekend. We got out on a bunch
of eastern shore cypress swamp creeks at flood, and paddled under the
lunar eclipse as well.

The Gent's trip - Good weekend, good paddling, good friends, good
single barrel bourbon.

If virginia.edu is UVA, I pass through Charlottesville once a month in
each direction between Maryland and North Carolina -- usually leaning
hard on the gas pedal! Weekend of the hurricane I paddled with Regina
O'Donnell, whose husband is on the UVA med school faculty, on a couple
of Charlottesville-area streams.

Mike's an entertaining guy to boat with (don't tell him I said so,
though), so don't miss the chance when you get it.

-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
Richard Hopley Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll
rhopley[at]wfubmc[dot]edu
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters
Mike McCrea

Eric wrote

However, one of these days I'm going to go paddling with Mike. Single
barrel bourbon and I know he's a coffee drinker. What else can you ask for?

Looking forward to paddling with you someday Eric.

BTW - A couple of evenings on this past Gents trip I was sipping black
coffee fortified with single barrel :-)
Eric

Mike McCrea wrote:

[...]

It is indeed UVA. I have the lavish post of Assistant Director of
Outdoor Recreation here at UVA. If you roll through in the morning, let
me know and I can arrange a breakfast rendezvous.

I spent the hurricane weekend trying to keep the wife and baby happy in
a house that had no water or electricity. However, once we got a couple
of 5 gallon jugs full of water, it was pretty much like camping out in
your own house. I drove over the Rivanna on my way to work on Monday
and was thinking about all the water I was missing.

Eric

Eric

Mike McCrea wrote:

Eric wrote

However, one of these days I'm going to go paddling with Mike. Single
barrel bourbon and I know he's a coffee drinker. What else can you ask for?

Looking forward to paddling with you someday Eric.

BTW - A couple of evenings on this past Gents trip I was sipping black
coffee fortified with single barrel :-)

The alpha and omega of stimulants and depressants. That's good karmic
balance.

Eric

Oci-One Kanubi

Eric typed:

Eric typed:

Mike McCrea wrote:

[...]

OK, I think I got you pegged now. Did you post on the MCC Paddle
Prattle looking for advice on starting a boating program, or bringing
a swif****er safety instructor to Charlottesville for a weekend, or
sumpin' like that? Or am I just remembering enquiries you have made
here on r.b.p?

Yer job sounds like a more formalized version of what is called, on
many campuses, faculty adviser to the Outting Club.