Default Will your GPS continue working?

Scary stuff...

http://www.capwiz.com/boatus/issues/...313591&type=ML

Might want to take a minute or two away from rec.boats and write a letter.

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:29:06 -0400, John H wrote:

Scary stuff...

http://www.capwiz.com/boatus/issues/...313591&type=ML

Might want to take a minute or two away from rec.boats and write a letter.

Boat US makes it pretty easy to do that. Once finished you'll get something like this:

Your message has been sent to BoatU.S. and will be printed and delivered to the FCC. An electronic
copy has also been sent to your federal Senators and Representative.
Your e-mail message was sent to:
Senator Mark Warner (D-VA)
Senator Jim Webb (D-VA)
Representative James P. Moran (D-VA 8th)
Federal Communications Commission

On 7/12/11 8:29 PM, John H wrote:
Scary stuff...

http://www.capwiz.com/boatus/issues/...313591&type=ML

Might want to take a minute or two away from rec.boats and write a letter.

Ahhh...the private sector trying to **** us over yet again.

BTW, why do you need GPS for that little patch of the Potomac River
where you boat, Herring? How wide is the river there, two miles?

Harryk wrote:
On 7/12/11 8:29 PM, John H wrote:
Scary stuff...

http://www.capwiz.com/boatus/issues/...313591&type=ML

Might want to take a minute or two away from rec.boats and write a
letter.

Ahhh...the private sector trying to **** us over yet again.

BTW, why do you need GPS for that little patch of the Potomac River
where you boat, Herring? How wide is the river there, two miles?

You don't have a boat, asshole.
Tim Tim is offline

On Jul 12, 7:29*pm, John H wrote:
Scary stuff...

http://www.capwiz.com/boatus/issues/...313591&type=ML

Might want to take a minute or two away from rec.boats and write a letter..

I did. I don't normally have a use for a Garmin, but the wife does..
alot. So,...

Thanks John.

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 04:24:11 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

On Jul 12, 7:29*pm, John H wrote:
Scary stuff...

http://www.capwiz.com/boatus/issues/...313591&type=ML

Might want to take a minute or two away from rec.boats and write a letter.

I did. I don't normally have a use for a Garmin, but the wife does..
alot. So,...

Thanks John.

This whole affair looks like some sort of government bungle by the
FCC. The good news is that it is not too far along and a lot of
people are stirred up including the FAA and military. There are way
too many people reling on GPS these days to risk compromising its
accuracy. My best guess is that the managers of this proposal knew
from the beginning that it had little chance of success but were using
it as a gambit to eventually be allocated radio spectrum at some other
frequency.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

On Jul 12, 7:29*pm, John H wrote:
Scary stuff...

http://www.capwiz.com/boatus/issues/...313591&type=ML

Might want to take a minute or two away from rec.boats and write a letter.

I did. *I don't normally have a use for a Garmin, but the wife does..
alot. So,...

Thanks John.

This whole affair looks like some sort of government bungle by the
FCC. *The good news is that it is not too far along and a lot of
people are stirred up including the FAA and military. * There are way
too many people reling on GPS these days to risk compromising its
accuracy. *My best guess is that the managers of this proposal knew
from the beginning that it had little chance of success but were using
it as a gambit to eventually be allocated radio spectrum at some other
frequency.

I can imagine that... hope it's caught before it grows....