Default Good Riddance!

By Josh Voorhees
Slate

A town clerk in rural western New York has resigned
her post rather than grant marriage licenses to
same-sex couples looking to wed.

“I would be compromising my moral conscience by
participating in licensing same-sex couples,” Laura
Fotusky, the clerk of the Town of Barker, told
Politico. “I had to choose between my job and my
god.”

The 56-year-old posted her resignation letter on
Monday evening to the website of New Yorkers for
Constitutional Freedoms, a self-declared Christian
ministry that “exists to influence legislation and
legislators for the Lord Jesus Christ.”

A current poll on the group’s website asks: “Who
bears the most blame for allowing gay ‘marriage’ to
become law in New York?”

Fotusky’s resignation is effective July 21, three days
before New York will begin handing out marriage
licenses to gay and lesbian couples. While July 24 is
a Sunday, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
plans to keep city offices open so that same-sex
couples can get an early jump on the necessary
paperwork.

Fotusky’s resignation letter reads, in part: “The Bible
clearly teaches that God created marriage between
male and female as a divine gift that preserves
families and cultures. Since I love and follow Him, I
cannot put my signature on something that is
against God."

Late last month New York became the sixth and
largest in the nation to allow gays to wed. The new
law was hailed as major victory for gay rights
advocates and their like-minded allies.

http://slatest.slate.com/posts/2011/...letter_slatest
Print Powered By
N.Y. Clerk Quits Rather Than Issue Gay Marriage
Licenses
“I had to choose between my job and my go

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:20:47 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

By Josh Voorhees
Slate

Fotusky’s resignation letter reads, in part: “The Bible
clearly teaches that God created marriage between
male and female as a divine gift that preserves
families and cultures. Since I love and follow Him, I
cannot put my signature on something that is
against God."

a few years ago. a patriot admonished a religious fanatic who made the
same argument by saying

'when you took office you put your hand on the bible and promised to
uphold the constitution

you did not put your hand on the constitution and promise to uphold
the bible'

is any more proof needed that religion is bankrupt?

On 7/12/11 8:35 PM, wf3h wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 19:20:47 -0400,
wrote:

By Josh Voorhees
Slate

Fotusky’s resignation letter reads, in part: “The Bible
clearly teaches that God created marriage between
male and female as a divine gift that preserves
families and cultures. Since I love and follow Him, I
cannot put my signature on something that is
against God."

a few years ago. a patriot admonished a religious fanatic who made the
same argument by saying

'when you took office you put your hand on the bible and promised to
uphold the constitution

you did not put your hand on the constitution and promise to uphold
the bible'

is any more proof needed that religion is bankrupt?

There's no evidence there is a god, or that, if there is, the entity had
anything to do with the man-written bible or any other religious text.