Scott Bemis

Default More thanks, OPV/dump valve as purge valves for dry bags

Again, thanks for the additional suggestions regarding using valves
commonly found in scuba equipment for a purge valve for dry bags. I
will stop by a local scuba dive shop tonight to check out what you
suggested, bring a copy of your posting. It is less than two miles
from my house. I am just not familar with scuba diving gear yet.

" Having thought a bit more about this now, I think that on OPV/dump
valve
(OPV=over pressure valve) for a scuba BCD (inflatable bouyancy
vest) would
do this job even better. This is a spring loaded valve with a
little . . .
they will be available from any dive shop, as they are used by
every diver
on their BCD"

I would glady kayak in Western Australia rather than on Lake Superior.
I do not know what scuba divers use on Lake Superior.

And Lake Superior remains cold, 14 Centigrade (C) is 57 Fahrenheit (F)
would be an expected high temperature for the surface water on south
Lake Superior. In bays and protected inlets, in the middle of summer,
the surface temperature may get to 16 C; however, less than 1 meter
down, the water is quite cool, 3 to 6 C. A weather buoy, several
miles off shore from Duluth, Minnesota listed the surface temperature
as 38 Fahrenheit or 3 Centigrade at the end of June. This is expected
surface water temperature for northern Lake Superior. At least there
is no measurable tide and the water is fresh. The Apostle Islands, a
national park in the U.S.A. on Lake Superior, is quite attractive.

Scott Bemis