jps

Default I must be nuts!!

Sounds like you did just fine. Being short on space is a whole lot better
than the alternative.

"scottht" wrote in message
Hi, I did basically the same. I bought a 17 year old SeaRay 21'. That
was well taken care of by a single owner. The boat came with all of the
original documentation including all of the installation manuals from
new assy. I don't have money to burn, but I do enjoy life. Someday
though, someday.

bowgus

Well ... I've got an 18' runabout that I anchor on it's trailer in the
laneway. And when I'm say down in the 1000 Islands cruising around, those
bigger boats look mighy inviting but then I remember ... at the end of the
day, my boat's all bundled up on the trailer and I'm on my way back home
looking forward to maybe a nice meal along the way and a night out when I
get back followed by a comfortable nights sleep followed by another day out
if the weather's good. If not, maybe I'll head in to work for the day :-)

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Your predicament sounds perfectly healthy to me. :-)

"scottht" wrote in message
Ok, I think I am going crazy here. I bought a used SeaRay 21' mid cabin.
I was real happy with my purchase. Seemed like a huge step up from my
15' Starcraft open bow. I have a camp on Cross lake in upstate NY. That
is where I spent last weekend with it. Enjoying my new purchase, with my
wife and 2 kids we spent the night on it. Everything was great. This
weekend we went to Cayuga Lake near Ithaca NY. Lots of money in this
town. Cornell University and all. Well we get to the marina and the
first thing I notice is how little my boat is compared to all of these
boats.
Now all of a sudden I feel cramped in my little boat and I don't seem
to have enough room to breath. The kids are in my way everytime I turn
around, and I can't stop looking at my new neighbor. A 41' Maxim (sp).
SAhe is a beauty. I think I need help. My wife is getting real tired of
me complaining how little my new purchase is. I wonder, does it ever
stop?

BB

Yeah, I know how you feel.

I remember the time I pulled into the gas dock only to be confronted with a
*small* pleasure boat with two of my 21 footers on davits on it's bow. Kinda
puts you in your place, know what I mean...................

"scottht" wrote in message
[...]

Richard Malcolm

not to worry, after you have bought your fourth or fifth boat you will
remember how much fun it was way back when you had your "little" 21
footer. and how easy it was and how cheap to run.
although I am only on my 3rd one (the first was a 15ft, then 20 and
now 25) we are always looking and planning and modifying and planning
some more. every boat is a learning and pratice experience for the
next one. I am a big believer that the smaller the boat the more fun
it is.
now as far as confort goes, that's another story.
best of luck and again not to worry. either way is good.
jps

"Richard Malcolm" wrote in message
om...
not to worry, after you have bought your fourth or fifth boat you will
remember how much fun it was way back when you had your "little" 21
footer. and how easy it was and how cheap to run.
although I am only on my 3rd one (the first was a 15ft, then 20 and
now 25) we are always looking and planning and modifying and planning
some more. every boat is a learning and pratice experience for the
next one. I am a big believer that the smaller the boat the more fun
it is.

Move up another 5 feet and you can carry a speedy dinghy that returns the
thrill of your first boat.

Richard Malcolm

" Move up another 5 feet and you can carry a speedy dinghy that
returns the
thrill of your first boat.

exactly. I do have an inflatable which I carry with me on the 25
footer, but it only has a 30 year old 2-horse power engine. not fast
but still fun.
Hey, I am going to the Boston Boat Show on Saturday, maybe they will
give away a 30 footer.....oh yeah, and a fast dinghy too.