Default Isn't America Grand?

Man Holds Up Bank For $1 In Attempt To Get Medical Treatment In Prison

Richard James Verone, 59, unemployed, who apparently has a chest growth,
two ruptured disks and a problem with his left foot, tried to rob a bank
of $1 so he could be treated free as a prisoner. Verone, of North
Carolina, USA, walked into an RBC Bank branch and handed over a note to
a female worker demanding one dollar.

In the note he had written that he was armed.

Verone said he is hoping for a three-year sentence, the time he
estimates his medical needs will take.

After handing over the note he is said to have sat down on a chair.

The bank teller dialed 911 and said on the phone "He's sitting on the
sofa as you walk in the front door."

The police were called and arrested him; he had no weapon.

In a telephone interview from prison in Gaston County, North Carolina,
Verone said that he is a logical person, and holding up a bank for one
dollar was the only logic he could come up with.

Verone added:

"If it is called manipulation, then out of necessity because I need
medical care, then I guess I am manipulating the courts to get medical
care."

As he was unarmed he will not be jailed for armed robbery. Larceny,
which means theft, would probably only result in a one-year jail term.

Written by Christian Nordqvist
Copyright: Medical News Today
Not to be reproduced without permission of Medical News Today

Article URL: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/229111.php
--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

Take your political bull**** to your new fantastic group, asshat.

On 6/21/2011 9:01 AM, Harryk wrote:
[...]

It shouldn't be that difficult for one to avail himself of OBAMACARE,
don't ya think?

In article , says...

[...]

I don't give a schitt what you right wing mook turds think. I have my
own group now, asshole. It's doing wonderfully. Don and I are having a
blast over there. I only come here because, well, let me make something
up real quick..... Oh, because I like to study deviant behavior, yeah,
that's it. And Don's here because he's my puppy and follows me
everywhere.

On 6/21/11 11:44 AM, Harryk wrote:
In , says...

[...]

We're sure you have Canuck and Tosk convinced you're me.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

In article ,
says...

[...]

You'd better watch your ass, buddy. If I get the least bit scared of you
(which I do easily) I'll call the cops on you. Yes, I'm that much of a
coward. So much so that I always answer my door with a gun in hand.

On 21/06/2011 7:01 AM, Harryk wrote:
[...]

I thought he had Obamacare? LOL. Where is all that debt spending going
anyway? LMAO.

USA needs a real good president to fix Omama-mess.
--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.

On 6/22/11 12:59 PM, Canuck57 wrote:
[...]

You're a flaming asshole. There's just no other appropriate way to
describe you. The fellow in question was a long-time employee of
Coca-Cola who lost his job and couldn't replace it with another that
provided reasonable health care.

Your attitude is why mooks like you will, in the end, lose.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing
jps jps is offline

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:22:30 -0400, Harryk
wrote:

[...]

As if Canook never took advantage of socialized medicine in his own
country.

In article ,
says...

Take that **** to your new group, asshat.

Grand Manan EDox General 0 May 20th 07 12:24 AM
GL: 36 Grand Banks Steve General 10 December 23rd 06 12:32 AM
Grand Inflatables Frank Gerry Cruising 7 March 26th 05 12:41 PM
Grand Canyon Joe ASA 1 January 4th 05 08:32 PM
Grand Canyon Dave Manby General 15 November 4th 04 10:35 AM