Joe

Default Grand Canyon

The Navy says the reason why Deigo Garcia was spared is the presence of
the Chagos Trench. It's 400 miles long and 16,400 ft deep just next to
the atoll. The drastic slope gave the wave no time to develope.

It would be a great place to sail to, however I think it is off
limits. I spent almost a year in the harbor and it has to be the most
pristine marine enviroment on earth after Palmayra.

A Dozen things I liked

1. RedSnappers average 15 lbs, grouper 40+
2. Coral reefs beyond anything you ever dreamed of with fish and coral
so deverse you can not imagine.
3. Well protected harbor
4. Crabs with claws that weigh up to 5 pounds (coconut crabs)
5. Coconuts...It's a plantation since the 1800's
6. Trade Winds, rains everyday like clockwork.
7. White sand beaches
8. Hector
9. You can see the bottom of most of the harbor 45-65 feet deep
10. Tropical Jungle & folaige lots of trails
11. Wild minature horses
12. Purest clean air on earth
Where is the greatest sailing destination you have ever been?

Joe

Scott Vernon

"Joe" wrote in
Where is the greatest sailing destination you have ever been?

The nude beach on St. Martins.

Scotty