Default 40' Boat Destroys Gazebo in NJ

BERKELEY — A 40-foot boat traveling at a high speed careened off the
Toms River Saturday night and into the yard of a township home. The boat
came to a stop yards from the water, destroying a gazebo outside of the
Cove Road West home of Ann and George Schuld.

Neighbor Angela Rattigan said she heard a loud swooosh sound at about
10:30 p.m.

“It's funny in a way because no one got hurt,” Rattigan said. “We're all
in shock.”

Ann Schuld’s sister Louise Zuber said the couple was not home at the
time of the accident.

“We were up the street and passed by moments after it happened,” Zuber
said. “The boat smashed into the gazebo and landed in my sister's side
yard. It's the most amazing thing ever.”

Zuber immediately called her sister’s cellphone to tell her of the
accident, she said.

“It's a beautiful boat,” Zuber said. “It doesn't look like it's really
damaged.”

State Police charged the boat’s driver, David M. McDermott — whose age
and hometown were not immediately available — with driving while
intoxicated, said Sgt. Julian Castellanos, spokesman for the State Police.

Pictures:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011306190065

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...arged-with-dwi

Pictures:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011306190065

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...arged-with-dwi

More pictures:

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6653979

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6666963
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 21, 6:35*am, Despot wrote:
Pictures:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011306190065

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...who-crashed-in...

More pictures:

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...azebo-a-surpri...

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...at-facing-addi...

man, what a ride!

Glad nobody was hurt while parking the boat in the garage....

On 21/06/2011 5:35 AM, Despot wrote:

Pictures:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011306190065

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...arged-with-dwi

More pictures:

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6653979

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6666963

What careless idiot.

But this DWI boater hasn't been charged yet:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...t-charges.html

Don't ask me why, he killed someone with his carelessness. Wonder if he
knows somebody? Inept cops? But the idiot needs to face he music.

--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.

Canuck57 wrote:
On 21/06/2011 5:35 AM, Despot wrote:

Pictures:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011306190065

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...arged-with-dwi

More pictures:

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6653979

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6666963

What careless idiot.

But this DWI boater hasn't been charged yet:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...t-charges.html

Don't ask me why, he killed someone with his carelessness. Wonder if
he knows somebody? Inept cops? But the idiot needs to face he music.

The cops screwed up and didn't check his blood alcohol level. He may
get a pass for that mistake.

On 22/06/2011 6:01 PM, L G wrote:
Canuck57 wrote:
On 21/06/2011 5:35 AM, Despot wrote:

Pictures:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011306190065

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...arged-with-dwi

More pictures:

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6653979

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6666963

What careless idiot.

But this DWI boater hasn't been charged yet:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...t-charges.html

Don't ask me why, he killed someone with his carelessness. Wonder if
he knows somebody? Inept cops? But the idiot needs to face he music.

The cops screwed up and didn't check his blood alcohol level. He may get
a pass for that mistake.

Yep, dumb cops. But I suspect more to it. As even if you can't prov
DWI with 27 beer cans, and his obvious trying to hide professing to have
guzzling a beer after the crash.... you don't need that for careless
operation of a motor vehicle causing death, manslaughter.

The idiot hit a stationary houseboat with its lights on.

--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 19:29:32 -0600, Canuck57
wrote:

The idiot hit a stationary houseboat with its lights on.

We had someone in Iowa killed in his bunk by a boat going fast in a
designated anchorage within 300 feet of shore, which means a 5 MPH
speed limit. The driver tried to blame the victim. Nothing was done to
the on-duty cop that did it. They did nail the drunken cowboy that
overtook someone he failed to see and hit the driver in the head with
the prop. Also at night.

Casady

In article ,
says...

Canuck57 wrote:
On 21/06/2011 5:35 AM, Despot wrote:

Pictures:

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...=2011306190065

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...arged-with-dwi

More pictures:

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6653979

http://berkeley-nj.patch.com/article...#photo-6666963

What careless idiot.

But this DWI boater hasn't been charged yet:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...t-charges.html

Don't ask me why, he killed someone with his carelessness. Wonder if
he knows somebody? Inept cops? But the idiot needs to face he music.

The cops screwed up and didn't check his blood alcohol level. He may
get a pass for that mistake.

Screwed up my ass.. more like bought and paid for or he was somebody's
uncle.

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

wrote:

The idiot hit a stationary houseboat with its lights on.

We had someone in Iowa killed in his bunk by a boat going fast in a
designated anchorage within 300 feet of shore, which means a 5 MPH
speed limit. The driver tried to blame the victim. Nothing was done to
the on-duty cop that did it. They did nail the drunken cowboy that
overtook someone he failed to see and hit the driver in the head with
the prop. Also at night.

Casady

Makes me wonder if these golden handshakes go too far.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...11/02/14/bc-bo...

Don't ask me why, he killed someone with his carelessness. *Wonder if he
knows somebody? *Inept cops? *But the idiot needs to face he music.

--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.

Wow, I've been reading the comments...

I hope the pilot of the speed boat is brought to justice as well, and
from the way the commenters and the story read, I also hope there's
some stiff repremands handed out for gross negligence of duty for
police investigators incompetence.