Default Verizon FIOS

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of switching from Cox, who just raised all their rates about 15%.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:46:29 -0400, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of switching from Cox, who just raised all their rates about 15%.

I can't switch to FiOS for some reason Verizon hasn't run the fiber-
optic cable to our neighborhood. I guess it could be that we are only 49
houses and they don't see the cost benefit. Comcast, the cable provider,
ran cable in our neighborhood years ago and since then the service has
been very good.

I've got the cable from Verizon in the front yard (which caused a little ruckus one morning). Cox
just sent me a bill for a tad over $200 for telephone (no overseas service), internet (what Cox
calls 'Preferred'), and TV (with no movie channels).

On Jun 20, 8:28*am, John H wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:46:29 -0400, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of switching from Cox, who just raised all their rates about 15%.

I can't switch to FiOS for some reason Verizon hasn't run the fiber-
optic cable to our neighborhood. I guess it could be that we are only 49
houses and they don't see the cost benefit. Comcast, the cable provider,
ran cable in our neighborhood years ago and since then the service has
been very good.

I've got the cable from Verizon in the front yard (which caused a little ruckus one morning). Cox
just sent me a bill for a tad over $200 for telephone (no overseas service), internet (what Cox
calls 'Preferred'), and TV (with no movie channels).

This isnt the 60s anymore, chump.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 06:39:19 -0400, John H
wrote:

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of switching from Cox, who just raised all their rates about 15%.

FIOS is the wave of the future with internet, TV and telephone all
riding on one big data pipe. The real key is quality of service.
Verizon is doing very well with that in some areas, not so much in
others.

We're using a Verizon Wireless 4G air card (Pantech UML290) on the
boat this summer. Service varies from spectacularly good to
spectacularly poor, sometimes within minutes.

wrote:

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of switching from Cox, who just raised all their rates about 15%.

FIOS is the wave of the future with internet, TV and telephone all
riding on one big data pipe. The real key is quality of service.
Verizon is doing very well with that in some areas, not so much in
others.

We're using a Verizon Wireless 4G air card (Pantech UML290) on the
boat this summer. Service varies from spectacularly good to
spectacularly poor, sometimes within minutes.

FIOS will be *a* wave of the future in limited, densely populated areas
where Verizon can recoup its cabling investment quickly. My guess is
that the real wave of the real future will be sans cable. At some
point,it will become far less expensive to push signal around everywhere
without the investment of cable to every household or business.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

On 6/20/11 10:21 AM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In article6de3221c-c982-41c4-b3d9-fb8cd87598b6@
28g2000yqu.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 20, 8:28 am, John wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:46:29 -0400, wrote:
In ,
says...

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of switching from Cox, who just raised all their rates about 15%.

I can't switch to FiOS for some reason Verizon hasn't run the fiber-
optic cable to our neighborhood. I guess it could be that we are only 49
houses and they don't see the cost benefit. Comcast, the cable provider,
ran cable in our neighborhood years ago and since then the service has
been very good.

I've got the cable from Verizon in the front yard (which caused a little ruckus one morning). Cox
just sent me a bill for a tad over $200 for telephone (no overseas service), internet (what Cox
calls 'Preferred'), and TV (with no movie channels).

This isnt the 60s anymore, chump.

Yeah, but you can shop around.. Our old phone bill with ATT was 240 a
month. We dumped it and went to three unlimited smart phones for 90 a
month with Virgin Mobile. That's a buck fifty we save. We had been with
ATT Mobile in one form or another since our very first cell phone..

Herring is talking about the bundling of cable, phone and internet, and
whether FIOS would be a good alternative to the pricing of his cable
company.

You are talking about cell phone service.

D'oh.

On Jun 20, 8:28 am, John wrote:
[...]

How ****ing stupid ARE you? Scotty was comparative pricing, just as John
is doing. In your haste to be always the asshole, you didn't think.

wrote:

Anyone using it? I'm thinking of switching from Cox, who just raised all their rates about 15%.

FIOS is the wave of the future with internet, TV and telephone all
riding on one big data pipe. The real key is quality of service.
Verizon is doing very well with that in some areas, not so much in
others.

We're using a Verizon Wireless 4G air card (Pantech UML290) on the
boat this summer. Service varies from spectacularly good to
spectacularly poor, sometimes within minutes.

Well, this should be a little more dependable (I guess). The cable is already buried in my front
yard, but I don't know if anyone around here has signed up for it.

I'm thinking if I switch and take advantage of the current offer ($99 for one year) that Cox will
then start offering me deals to get me back. What the hey. Might be worth the hassle.

Verizon HTC Incredible Review, Part the First hk General 18 May 4th 10 01:54 AM
A Verizon Day Eisboch[_4_] General 4 June 23rd 09 01:01 AM
Verizon or Cingular - best SoCal coast coverage Brent Geery Cruising 3 July 29th 05 09:48 PM