Brent Geery

Default Verizon or Cingular - best SoCal coast coverage

I'm looking for suggestion on selecting the cell provider with
best coverage on the California coast (mostly SoCal). My primary
usage will be for connecting to the Internet from the boat, in
anchorages that are out of range of an open WiFi.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.
Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Brent Geery wrote:
I'm looking for suggestion on selecting the cell provider with
best coverage on the California coast (mostly SoCal). My primary
usage will be for connecting to the Internet from the boat, in
anchorages that are out of range of an open WiFi.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.

I use Cingular's tethering service, and I'm quite happy with it. It's
not cheap... $80 per month (unlimited service) plus regular
service. Also, I mostly use it in NoCal. They have less expensive
plans as well.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Brent Geery wrote:
On 29 Jul 2005 13:17:05 -0700, lid (Jonathan
Ganz) wrote:
There are "back doors" to the data services of both companies...
no reason to ever pay $80/mo. Check out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InternetByCellPhone/

Also, yo might find the following group useful
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InternetByWiFi/

Thanks! I'll check it out.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Today's Coast Guard Rescue Story, with photo links [email protected] General 0 July 28th 05 03:09 AM
Timely, pre-holiday safety reminder for Pacific Coast beaches [email protected] General 0 June 30th 05 06:33 AM
Coast Guard Searching for WWII veterans: [email protected] General 0 June 29th 05 05:00 AM
Kiss my legs please! Joe ASA 0 February 22nd 05 05:16 PM
Satellite Radio Coverage W. Coast of Mexico Stan Strebig Cruising 0 February 15th 04 02:47 AM