Brent Geery

On 29 Jul 2005 13:17:05 -0700, lid (Jonathan
Ganz) wrote:

In article ,
Brent Geery wrote:
I'm looking for suggestion on selecting the cell provider with
best coverage on the California coast (mostly SoCal). My primary
usage will be for connecting to the Internet from the boat, in
anchorages that are out of range of an open WiFi.

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.

I use Cingular's tethering service, and I'm quite happy with it. It's
not cheap... $80 per month (unlimited service) plus regular
service. Also, I mostly use it in NoCal. They have less expensive
plans as well.

There are "back doors" to the data services of both companies...
no reason to ever pay $80/mo. Check out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InternetByCellPhone/

Also, yo might find the following group useful
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InternetByWiFi/

--
BRENT - The Usenet typo king.