Default Saved by the Tim!

YES! Today I put the starter back on the Yamaha with the new solenoid found by Tim after searching
and trying several different solenoids. Yamaha wanted about $570 for a new solenoid, or about $690
for a complete starter assembly. Tim found a solenoid for the Hitachi starter which ran about $21.
Wow!

Tim, thank you.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:25:59 -0400, John H
wrote:

YES! Today I put the starter back on the Yamaha with the new solenoid found by Tim after searching
and trying several different solenoids. Yamaha wanted about $570 for a new solenoid, or about $690
for a complete starter assembly. Tim found a solenoid for the Hitachi starter which ran about $21.
Wow!

Tim, thank you.

It's amazing how much you can save when you know where to get stuff,
and Tim is certainly very good at that (not to mention being very
helpful and an all around good guy).

John H wrote:
YES! Today I put the starter back on the Yamaha with the new solenoid found by Tim after searching
and trying several different solenoids. Yamaha wanted about $570 for a new solenoid, or about $690
for a complete starter assembly. Tim found a solenoid for the Hitachi starter which ran about $21.
Wow!

Tim, thank you.

Damn! That's a bargain! When did your warranty expire?

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:42:07 -0400, L G wrote:

John H wrote:
YES! Today I put the starter back on the Yamaha with the new solenoid found by Tim after searching
and trying several different solenoids. Yamaha wanted about $570 for a new solenoid, or about $690
for a complete starter assembly. Tim found a solenoid for the Hitachi starter which ran about $21.
Wow!

Tim, thank you.

Damn! That's a bargain! When did your warranty expire?

The warranty hasn't expired. The damage to the original solenoid was due to operator error.

wrote:

YES! Today I put the starter back on the Yamaha with the new solenoid found by Tim after searching
and trying several different solenoids. Yamaha wanted about $570 for a new solenoid, or about $690
for a complete starter assembly. Tim found a solenoid for the Hitachi starter which ran about $21.
Wow!

Tim, thank you.

yep, tim has saved my bacon a couple of times. great guy and great
resource here on the usenet

Tim Tim is offline

LOL! Hey guys, Just trying to help boaters keep boating.

Always glad to help if I can...

?;^ )

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:24:13 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

LOL! Hey guys, Just trying to help boaters keep boating.

Always glad to help if I can...

?;^ )

My wife is babysitting for the younger daughter, but we'll be on the water tomorrow. I'll let you
know how it goes.

Thanks again!
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 18, 2:07*pm, John H wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:24:13 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:
LOL! Hey guys, Just trying to help boaters keep boating.

Always glad to help if I can...

?;^ )

My wife is babysitting for the younger daughter, but we'll be on the water tomorrow. I'll let you
know how it goes.

Thanks again!

I'm sure it will all go well, John.

You're quite welcome.

John H wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:42:07 -0400, L wrote:

John H wrote:

YES! Today I put the starter back on the Yamaha with the new solenoid found by Tim after searching
and trying several different solenoids. Yamaha wanted about $570 for a new solenoid, or about $690
for a complete starter assembly. Tim found a solenoid for the Hitachi starter which ran about $21.
Wow!

Tim, thank you.

Damn! That's a bargain! When did your warranty expire?

The warranty hasn't expired. The damage to the original solenoid was due to operator error.

How is that possible?

wrote:

YES! Today I put the starter back on the Yamaha with the new solenoid found by Tim after searching
and trying several different solenoids. Yamaha wanted about $570 for a new solenoid, or about $690
for a complete starter assembly. Tim found a solenoid for the Hitachi starter which ran about $21.
Wow!

Tim, thank you.

yep, tim has saved my bacon a couple of times. great guy and great
resource here on the usenet

We can agree on that. Tim is an upstanding guy.

The kudus I've given 'Bama for saved jobs.... Just John General 13 November 18th 09 07:51 PM
Social Security Saved! Bob Crantz ASA 0 March 17th 05 09:56 PM
Saved by Tropical wave #1 Joe ASA 5 June 16th 04 09:28 PM
81.5% of my reading time saved.... Gene Kearns General 3 November 13th 03 12:37 AM
Money Saved by Not Training! Doug Kanter General 0 October 16th 03 02:46 PM