Default Finding reasons to delay

I met a guy with a really nice 36' sailboat who had outfitted it for
extended cruising but had gotten to the bahamas and spent two months
waiting for parts for his hot water heater and fridge. Of course, it
is now hurricane season meaning he has wasted this year.
I can understand wanting some comforts but this was absurd. He was
also unhappy about how his teak trim looked and was wanting to get
someone to varnish it before he left. I think he liked the idea of
going more than the actual going.

On 15/06/2011 9:05 AM, Frogwatch wrote:
I met a guy with a really nice 36' sailboat who had outfitted it for
extended cruising but had gotten to the bahamas and spent two months
waiting for parts for his hot water heater and fridge. Of course, it
is now hurricane season meaning he has wasted this year.
I can understand wanting some comforts but this was absurd. He was
also unhappy about how his teak trim looked and was wanting to get
someone to varnish it before he left. I think he liked the idea of
going more than the actual going.

I know someone who has a 32' one, hasn't been out of dock for 10 years.
It is his excuse to get away from the wife. He travels during most
weeks, comes home, all he wants is a hot dog and a football game. She
wants to wine, dine...spend...spend... He just ducks out to the boat
with a 12 pack and hotdogs and turns on the TV.
--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.

OT Arrest Warrant for DeLay! [email protected] General 8 October 21st 05 05:44 AM
Delay the king of crooks NOYB General 1 April 20th 05 03:40 AM
( ot ) The "honerable?" Tom DeLay Jim, General 1 April 19th 05 05:59 PM
Another scandal for DeLay Jim, General 6 April 7th 05 01:15 AM
OT - Schiavo/DeLay/hypocrisy John H General 3 April 2nd 05 07:34 PM