posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default North Eastern Boating

On Jun 11, 10:05*am, iBoat wrote:
In article a0c5efc9-3997-4c98-8214-92a8ae36c9b0
@m4g2000yqk.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 11, 12:56*am, I_am_Tosk
wrote:
In article 3b72a022-039f-4b04-b050-a9e80bbb4667
@n11g2000yqf.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 10, 11:18 am, I_am_Tosk
wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article ,
says...
In article 0dd8221a-8021-4784-819f-36b3b222c166@
17g2000prr.googlegroups.com, says...

Yeah Wayne, that tracker is pretty cool.. I was just looking at maps of
NYC a year or so back wondering if you could cut right through.. I
thought I heard years ago (probably around 9/11, that the routes through
were closed.

Are there any locks or gates to go through as you enter LIS?

If I read you correctly, it's a straight shot from The Narrows opposite Sandy
Hook to City Island via New York Harbor and the East River. No locks or low
bridges or gates. Stay to the west of Roosevelt Avenue and choose your time to
ride the flood up the river through Hellgate. Hang a right at Flushing Bay and
take a slip at World's Fair Marina hard by the Citi Field baseball stadium and
the No. 7 subway line direct to Times Square. The marina monitors VHF 71.

The passage was limited but not closed long after 9/11. You had to leave
Roosevelt Island to the east through a low-span drawbridge.

Cool... It's been a lifelong dream to make a trip down the CT River and
down to the city. Unfortunately right now I only have a 16 foot work
skiff so it may be a while before I ever make that trip

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!- Hide quoted text -

Say what?
Thought you were using that Brockway Skiff as a lawn planter or
ornament.

Yeah sure Don, that's what you thought... snerk * What a simp...

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!- Hide quoted text -

That's what you led us to believe a while back.
Were you lying then... or now?

And Don lies in the same post he ****ed up. Go back to Harry's group
with your lies and insults.- Hide quoted text -

Well, the elites from harrys little group won't let a boat post go
unattacked here, they are proving themselves yet again...

wrote:
[...]

forget them, back to boating in the north east... Wayne's monitoring
program is pretty cool. I will have to attack him when I see his boat in
the CT River

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Cutting the stuff which has continued to proliferate above all the digs...

"I_am_Tosk" wrote in message

forget them, back to boating in the north east... Wayne's monitoring
program is pretty cool. I will have to attack him when I see his boat in
the CT River

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

SPOT trackers are really cool for keeping family and friends updated as to
your travels. Not really a PLB, in that it doesn't call the emergency
system, and has some severe limitations WRT the ability to be used in a
marine emergency situation (antenna position, waterproof, etc.), but a neat
tool

To get tracking shown on a web page, you have to subscribe at ~150/year, but
if you're on a passage, it does allow folks to see where you are, the
progress you're making, and so on. Clicking the hybrid tab in the top right
of the screen gives you satellite views overlaid on a map view, too, so if
you're coastwise or islandwise, folks can see what you're going around if
there are nasty bits you needed to avoid, mostly of interest to marine-type
geeks/interested parties.

We use it on all our water-borne movements, and used to use it on land so
that those who were wondering how we were doing WRT getting to them could
see our progress, as well. The unit takes a GPS reading every 10 minutes or
so, and uploads them to SPOT's satellite(s?) whenever one goes over, so you
may not be able to see "real time" updates - but for the large view, it's
fine.

Highly recommended from this quarter :{))

L8R

Skip, currently ashore wrestling with a real estate loan disaster before
returning to the boat where we'll complete our refit and get under way
again, with hopes that our self-insured vessel isn't involved in a hurricane
where we now are, an unsafe yard for such conditions, before such event...

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

The Society for the Preservation of Tithesis commends your ebriated
and scrutible use of delible and defatigable, which are gainly, sipid
and couth. We are gruntled and consolate that you have the ertia and
eptitude to choose such putably pensible tithesis, which we parage.

Stamp out Sesquipedalianism

wrote:
[...]

Speaking of which, Wayne, please repost the URL, I lost it, thanks!

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:00:21 -0400, iBoat wrote:

forget them, back to boating in the north east... Wayne's monitoring
program is pretty cool. I will have to attack him when I see his boat in
the CT River

Speaking of which, Wayne, please repost the URL, I lost it, thanks!

===

http://www.tinyurl.com/waynebspottrack

Currently moored in Larchmont Harbor, about 20 miles northeast of NYC.

wrote:
In article3b72a022-039f-4b04-b050-a9e80bbb4667
@n11g2000yqf.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 10, 11:18 am,
wrote:
In ,
[...]

You're just upset because we don't let pigs like you in the front door.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

On 6/11/11 8:45 AM, North Star wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I seek tosk and his gang of uneducated, racist white trash has taken
over rec.boats cruising, too.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

In article , payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:
[...]

Boy, you are really trolling me today. What's the matter? Ever since I
told those guys what you said you have been pretty careful... Gonna'
start up again?

On 11/06/2011 12:59 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In article1PidnbLCPdLKKG7QnZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer33859
@mypacks.net says...

wrote:
[...]

Yep, we all know harryk is a stalker, amongst other nefarious things too.
--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.