posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
wf3h[_2_] wf3h[_2_] is offline

Default North Eastern Boating

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:50:48 -0400, Wayne B
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:31:16 -0400, wf3h wrote:

Our boats were moored a few miles east in Stamford, CT
which is a major center of sail boat racing in Western LIS. It was a
good place to spend our working and child raising years offering easy
access to the water, good schools and a relatively easy commute into
New York City.

have to try this sometime...sounds nice

It is nice.

I get to do a little ham radio activity on the boat also. Conditions
are on the upswing. Had a brief chat with a station in Yokohama,
Japan two days ago on 17 meters. He was loud and clear, just like
next door, not bad for 150 watts and a 23 ft vertical whip antenna.
We also try to check into the Maritime Mobile Service Net on 14300 KHz
once a day. They're a great bunch of guys and provide a real service
to cruisers.

i was, for many years, a net controller for the MMSN...actually
coordinated a few high seas rescues. they're a good group pf folks