Default It's a rough life

The only boat yard nearby Marsh HArbor will not take my 28' sailboat
till tomorrow so I have time to kill. I finally solved my telephone
problem here by buying a bahamas cell phone for $49. Not a bad deal
for a phone that allows worldwide calls.
Fixed a bunch of minor stuff including about 2 gals of diesel in the
bilge (don't ask how). Everybody here thinks I am overambitious
getting things done in a hurry. They've just been here too long.
It is hot but not too bad compared to Tallahassee cuz there is a
breeze so if you drink lots of water, it isn't bad.
Checked with two local insurance companies about insuring my boat for
liability only but they say "no way" unless I am also insuring a car
or house. I am still not sure how people sail older boats here during
hurricane season unless they do it uninsured. BOATUS insures me in FL
liability only(even during hurricane season) but will not do the same
here.
BTW, the yard here will charge $10/ft/month for having my boat on the
hard for the season. The yard at Green Turtle wants less but I forget
the amouint but that is further away.
I am in a local coffee shop where the local politicians hang out, one
guy running for local (Marsh Harbor) office and another running for MP
of South Abaco, sort of like being a senator. So, I asked a bout the
political issues here and it mostly Haitian immigration. They also
have issues with native born vs naturlized citizens running for office
or voting.

On 6/8/11 3:59 PM, Frogwatch wrote:
[...]

Is there a particular brand of peanut butter and oatmeal you mix up to
make your awful dietary combo? I suppose if you weren't so cheap, you
could buy yourself a box of MRE's.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

On Jun 8, 5:04*pm, Harryk wrote:
[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing- Hide quoted text -

He could mix bacon fat and bird seed, press it into a shape and hang
it from his boom.
Then he could stand up and nibble some nourishment any time he pleased
without releasing the helm.

On Jun 8, 4:21*pm, North Star wrote:

[...]

I favor peanut butter with the natural oil without the stabilizer.
Oatmeal is oatmeal. My crew (when I have crew) can eat as they please.

In article c7623e3e-be76-479d-b78f-ade11e0cf578
@e14g2000yqa.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 8, 5:04*pm, Harryk wrote:

[...]

Harry and Don just need something to feed their childish addiction to
name calling and insulting. And Harry just likes to think he's so much
superior to anybody that he couldn't possibly eat anything healthy like
oatmeal.