BoatBanter.com

-   -   Why I play golf (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/133324-why-i-play-golf.html)

John H[_2_] June 8th 11 04:59 PM

Why I play golf

'Cause I get to do this about once a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1RepObhYs

Harryk June 8th 11 05:24 PM

Why I play golf

On 6/8/11 11:59 AM, John H wrote:
'Cause I get to do this about once a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1RepObhYs

Golf...the biggest yawn in sports.

--
Want to discuss recreational boating and fishing in a forum where
personal insults are not allowed?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec-boating-fishing

Jay[_5_] June 8th 11 05:36 PM

Why I play golf

On 6/8/2011 12:24 PM, Harryk wrote:
On 6/8/11 11:59 AM, John H wrote:
'Cause I get to do this about once a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1RepObhYs

Golf...the biggest yawn in sports.

No! That would be baseball.

John H[_2_] June 8th 11 05:47 PM

Why I play golf

On 6/8/11 11:59 AM, John H wrote:
'Cause I get to do this about once a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1RepObhYs

Golf...the biggest yawn in sports.

No! That would be baseball.

It *was* nice watching the USA beat up on Canada in soccer last night.

iBoat June 8th 11 06:30 PM

Why I play golf

In article ,
says...

On 6/8/11 11:59 AM, John H wrote:
'Cause I get to do this about once a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1RepObhYs

Golf...the biggest yawn in sports.

You just have to say something ****ty about anything don't you, you
narcissistic coward?

John H[_2_] June 8th 11 07:58 PM

Why I play golf

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:29:00 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 11:59:13 -0400, John H
wrote:

'Cause I get to do this about once a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR1RepObhYs

He really needed that "pitch shot", you know, when you pick it up and
pitch it out into the fairway.

Personally I would have just teed up another ball and hit it.
If I wanted to go hunting in the woods I would have brought a
shotgun,. not my golf clubs. ;-)

I wonder if someone found it for him. Most likely. The problem with teeing up another, a
provisional, is all the damn strokes. But, **** happens.

If I'd been him, I'd have aimed for the cameraman. Must have been a clear path there somewhere.

Wayne B June 8th 11 08:03 PM

Why I play golf

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 14:58:01 -0400, John H
wrote:

I wonder if someone found it for him. Most likely. The problem with teeing up another, a
provisional, is all the damn strokes. But, **** happens.

One of the key things for learning to enjoy golf is to stop keeping
score.

[email protected] June 8th 11 08:29 PM

Why I play golf

wrote:

I wonder if someone found it for him. Most likely. The problem with teeing up another, a
provisional, is all the damn strokes. But, **** happens.

One of the key things for learning to enjoy golf is to stop keeping
score.

I thought you only wanted to talk about boats??? Oh I get it.. It's a
double standard and you're "middle class."

Harryk June 8th 11 09:09 PM

Why I play golf

wrote:

I wonder if someone found it for him. Most likely. The problem with teeing up another, a
provisional, is all the damn strokes. But, **** happens.

One of the key things for learning to enjoy golf is to stop keeping
score.

Exactly!!!

I just tell the guys who are with me to add the appropriate number of
strokes, I tee a new one up and hit it ... no matter where I am.

You can come up out of a fairway trap with a driver if you tee the
ball.

Chip'n'putt...or miniature golf...same fun, less time.

BAR[_2_] June 9th 11 12:27 AM

Why I play golf

In article ,
says...

wrote:

I wonder if someone found it for him. Most likely. The problem with teeing up another, a
provisional, is all the damn strokes. But, **** happens.

One of the key things for learning to enjoy golf is to stop keeping
score.

I thought you only wanted to talk about boats??? Oh I get it.. It's a
double standard and you're "middle class."

There is a course in Idaho that has a Certified Master who takes you
from the tee to the green.

http://www.cdaresort.com/golf

http://www.cdaresort.com/golf/the_course

Golf and boating, what more could you want.