posted to rec.boats,misc.rural

Default Faulty Dock Wiring Probable Cause of Lake Okoboji, Iowa Fish Kill – Could Have Been Worse

http://outdoornews.com/news/article_...cc4c002e0.html

On 06/06/2011 8:30 PM, LilAbner wrote:

http://outdoornews.com/news/article_...cc4c002e0.html

Depending on the current consumed, he could be in for a big electric
bill. Lucky the owner didn't kill anyone. Oh, and they knew, that is
why the ground fault wasn't working.

--
Government isn't the solution to the bad economy, it is the problem.

On 6/6/2011 10:30 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/news/article_...cc4c002e0.html

Luckily there wasn't a dumb boater buffing out his boat with an electric
grinder.

http://outdoornews.com/news/article_...1cc4c002e0.htm

Luckily there wasn't a dumb boater buffing out his boat with an electric
grinder.

http://www.qualitymarineservices.net...ng_incident_li
st.html

Low level ground fault leakage in the marina AC shore power system can
cause lethal potentials to appear on any metal surface ñ either on a
boat or on the dock. In fresh water the electric field surrounding this
surface can paralyze a swimmer. There is no warning that this condition
exists, and it has resulted in numerous drownings.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/

"Canuck57" wrote in message
On 06/06/2011 8:30 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/news/article_...cc4c002e0.html

A thought just occurred to me. Too bad the owner didn't take a pee off
the dock with a hand on the railing. I did that once 4 decades ago during
a lightening storm and ended up on my ass in a boat house. Fortunately
just phased for a bit. But I no longer pee in the lake when lightening is
about.

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who
learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for
themselves. ~ Will Rogers

On 6/7/2011 8:19 PM, NotMe wrote:
wrote in message
On 06/06/2011 8:30 PM, LilAbner wrote:
http://outdoornews.com/news/article_...cc4c002e0.html

A thought just occurred to me. Too bad the owner didn't take a pee off
the dock with a hand on the railing. I did that once 4 decades ago during
a lightening storm and ended up on my ass in a boat house. Fortunately
just phased for a bit. But I no longer pee in the lake when lightening is
about.

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who
learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for
themselves. ~ Will Rogers

Or a kid trying to climb over a wet rotten long lying on a hot fence.
Tain't no pleasure atall.