Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to soc.culture.usa,soc.retirement,rec.boats,alt.politics.liberalism

Default Trash emptied, "Dougie" Rapper M-Bone Killed in Drive-By Shooting.

On May 17, 2:17*pm, "Leroy N. Soetoro"
wrote:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b242...ugie_rapper_m-
bone_killed_in_drive-by.html

M-Bone, a So-Cal hip-hopster with the Dougie-happy Cali Swag District, has
died after being gunned down in a drive-by shooting late last night.

Police in Inglewood confirm that a man was killed by two gunshots to the
head around 10:30 p.m. The victim was sitting in the passenger seat of a
car when another vehicle pulled up alongside and unloaded "at least two
rounds" into the car, according to Lt. Michael Marshall.

The victim was taken to a nearby hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.
He was just 22.

Was there a motive?

"It looks like they knew each other," says Marshall. "It was not a
traditional drive-by." However, investigators don't have any suspects and
are asking for tipsters to call in.

Police didn't immediately identify M-Bone (aka Mante Talbert) as the
victim, pending notification of next of kin.

But a publicist for the group has confirmed to E! News that indeed the
performer, who was the group's comedic presence, was the one killed—and
claims he wasn't being purposely targeted

"Cali Swag District member Mante 'M-Bone' Talbert was the victim of a
random act of violence last night," the rep says, calling M-Bone "an
inspiration to his family, friends and fans."

Formed last year by M-Bone, C-Smoove, Yung and JayAre, Cali Swag District
immediately hit the charts with the huge crossover hit "Teach Me How to
Dougie."

Says the group's publicist of M-Bone: "He was a hardworking, passionate
artist and dancer that will be deeply missed."

Yeah, yeah, right...he was just an innocent bystander in Inglewood at
night. *

Comments:

1.
sugar Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:04 AM

**** shame....RIP!!

Report .2.
Skip Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:13 AM

Thuglicious

Report .3.
anon Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:15 AM

That is the lifestyle those people choose to live.

Report .4.
WHo Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:17 AM

Don't have a clue as to who he is and I live in LA

Report .5.
of Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:20 AM

This is totally ridiculous. People need to quit hiding behind there guns.
Now we lost a precious life due to stupidity!!! Get a life before u loose
yours!

Report .6.
er Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:22 AM

whats with this rapper getting killed

Report .7.
Ashley Michele Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:24 AM

SAD! to all the dancers that loved him and the music he created...God
Bless his family and rap group!

Report .8.
Stay in School, kids. Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:26 AM

Bracing myself for the flood of illiterate comments this genre seems to
nurture.

Report .9.
sherri Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:27 AM

Cant blame somebody for trying to be successful!! it not alife style u
choose to live.....its the haters that dont want u to advance! cant blame
the chicken for gettin his head chopped off u blame the Butcher!! He was
just a young man tryna be successful n live his life!! R.I.P mbone

Report .10.
gun Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:29 AM

guns and killing are all "THOSE" people know. as long as "THOSE" people
only kill each other all is good. keep it in the ghetto and it can be
controlled and some nice old lady can cross the street and not be afraid.

Report .11.
teatun Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:30 AM

so sad!! RIP! so sick of these shootem and run cowards!! i hope the police
were able to notify his next of kin before f*ing tmz reported it to the
world.

Report .12.
T Mon, May 16, 2011, 8:49 AM

"Stay in School, kids"....The fact that you chose to post such a racist
and quite franklly uneducated comment, simply shows the type of "genre"
that you yourself come from. Listening to rap does not qualify an
indidivual as illiterate. Perhaps you thought you were being witty, but
you come off as quite the bigot. Please think before typing next time.
Sincerely, An Educated Black Woman....Who Loves Rap Music

Report .13.
Whatever Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:01 AM

"Stay in school" is a racist comment? Good grief!

Report .14.
anneris Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:07 AM

i feel so bad i really liked the song teach me how to dougie RIP

Report .15.
x Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:12 AM

He looks like a fine, upstanding gentleman...

Report .16.
cinnamon Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:16 AM

so do you think that ppl who stay in school are not ever murdered??? that
was crazy to says! yeah i have to agree, that was more like an ignorant
comment. i cant say racist, but definitely ignorant. i know a few ppl who
went to college and whove become promissing ppl and have been killed.

Report .17.
Educated Black Woman? Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:21 AM

Hey T ** You are an Educated Black Woman.. REALLY???? NOT JUST AN EDUCATED
WOMAN!! YOU ARE THE RACIST BTW ** THIS CLOWN ** I MEAN VICTIM WAS NO
VICTIM.. HE LIVED THIS WAY.. HE DIED THIS WAY.. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!

Report .18.
Educated Black Woman? Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:24 AM

Is their such a THING?/ EDUCATED BLACK WOMAN!! NOT SURE.. I THOUGHT
EDUCATED MENT NOT HAVING TO SAY ** I AM BLACk... GIVE ME A FREE PASS..
BECAUSE I AM BLACK!!! RACIST BLACKS ARE THE NORM!!!

Report .19.
cleansing society Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:32 AM

Rappers are a plague on a society already in decay. No big loss if only
they had offed Obama's favorite cop killing supporter "commom" too.

Report .20.
dan Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:35 AM

all these ignorant comments are ridiculous. a life has been stolen. to say
"he lived this way and died this way" is absolutely absurd and a disgrace
to his memory and to his family. he created music, not violence. i dont
know much about m-bone, but i do know that no one deserves their life to
be taken from them at such a young age.

Report .21.
Rey Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:35 AM

I'm sure his loved ones are incredibly sad. I pray that God grants them
peace...and this is not a race issue. This is a story about a particular
young man who was shot. We don't even know the details yet. Neither do we
know what kind of person he was. In case you havent heard, not everyone
who gets shot is a bad person.

Report .22.
kendyl Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:35 AM

I have never heard of him but R.I.P. and condolences to his family and
friends.

Report .23.
WiseAnon Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:36 AM

Can you ******* stop making racist statements? Also, can the rest of you
******* stop making everything about race? This is about guns.

Report .24.
larrym Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:37 AM

Don/t understand why white people have to be predudice against blacks *
after all they do a great job of shooting each other

Report .25.
ME Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:40 AM

Man let the dude rest in peace all he wanted to do was entertian people
and you guys are turning his death into an unnecessary argument. And this
doesn't just happen in the ghetto it happens everywhere in the world.

Report .26.
SS ** Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:41 AM

I'm not taking sides.... but I do think "stay in school kids" posted an
ignorant and inappropriate comment. Any death is tragic and comments like
those after a death is announced is not wanted here. Not speaking about
the death but after reading Educated Black Woman?'s comment... I do have
to agree and say can people say "I am an educated black woman", or come to
the Soul Circus, how about Black Entertainment Television. What if there
was a Causcasian Circus or White Music Videos..... or I introduced myself
as an intelligent white woman.... there would be an outrage! I'm just
sayin..... btw, I am a hispanic woman with Caucasian kin.

Report .27.
phoenix Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:51 AM

to bad to sad **** was hopin to hear more from his music RIP i no how it
feels to have lost someone epecially when they were trying to grow up and
leave that same **** behind

Report .28.
Daniel Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:52 AM

An Educated Black Woman..... I didn't know such a thing existed.

Report .29.
rocker Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:52 AM

He don't look innocent either, for sure a drug deal going bad **

Report .30.
Amber Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:53 AM

Cali Swag District came to my magazine's office and taught us how to
Dougie. They were polite, cordial and sweet guys. This is really sad and a
loss for the dance and rap community.

Report .31.
Bocapone556 Mon, May 16, 2011, 9:58 AM

As if this is suppose to be surprising. People think because someone is
famous they can't be involved in anything shady. Goes to show you that
what you see is not always what you get. He may or may not have been but
statistics are statistics...

Report .32.
Truth Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:01 AM

For those that don't know, which it seems like a lot of you, he didn't rap
about violence, he was a party rapper, a "fun" rapper. So to say he get
what he deserves and that's the way he lived showed you didn't read the
article or know anything about him...now that's IGNORANT. Speak what you
know lol.

Report .33.
djkrikkett Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:06 AM

* ANON WHAT LIFE SYTLE IS THAT??? TO SELL RECORDS AND MAKE HONEST MONEY
BUMB *** HE COULDN'T HELP WHERE HE WAS FROM BUT HE COULD HELP WHERE HE WAS
GOING

Report .34.
RAP Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:11 AM

It is really sad how some people can be so ignorant and rude. He was a
human being first and someones child. Why does everything have to be about
race. As far as an educated black woman, there is such a thing.

Report .35.
Doug Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:15 AM

Now who is going to teach me how to dougie?

Report .36.
tarbaby Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:16 AM

Looks like M-Bone gots the bone. He end up like Magnolia Shorty who took
26 bullets to the hed in new oleans. He be jest as well nown. If U doen
live on his block in da hood U nots be nowin who he is. I be gessin he
riled someone who tooked it personal like. Rappin be a hi risk biness as
dae be killin each odder all da time. I was tinkin of bein a rapper buts
dis really makes me tink of anoder line of work.

Report .37.
le-lee Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:19 AM

I don't really know about this rapper either, but I heard the song before..
It is a sad situation for his friends and family. Let him rest in peace.
Don't know him personally but when these young people are trying to make
better of themselves something bad happens. G-D be with him and
condolences to his family--taken too soon. Right now he was a rapper but
who knows what his future would have been-- rapping is just a stepping
stone for some then they move on.

Report .38.
pink Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:21 AM

Why cant we just love and respect each other. GOD IS WATCHING, walk good
my fellow human beings!

Report .39.
nicole Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:25 AM

Im white and honestly im ashamed at all these rascist people putting down
african american people. Do you people not realize that if you cut us
open,we are all the **** same??? Get a ****** life or go kill yourself cus
we dont need people like you who have to talk ****.****in losers. and bTW
i know plently of black educated women. RIP MBONES

Report .40.
Rocio Iribe Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:25 AM

real shame. he was just getting started. the man just wanted to make music
and hate and jealously got in his way.

Report .41.
RAP Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:28 AM

Tarbaby do you really speak and write like that. Statements like this is
why people respond in a racist way. Stop it

Report .42.
hey Daniel Mon, May 16, 2011, 10:29 AM

Nice to see how threatened you are by someone of color with an education.
Must suck to be you with your limited education and earning potential. Now
.

--
Obama's black racist USAG appointee.

Eric Holder, racist black United States Attorney General drops voter
intimidation charges against the Black Panthers, *"You are about to be
ruled by the black man, cracker!"

Eric Holder, prejudiced black United States Attorney General settles the
hate crime debate, "Whites Not Protected by Hate Crime Laws."

Nancy Pelosi, Democrat criminal, accessory before and after the fact, to
former House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charles B. Rangel of New
York's million dollar tax evasion. *On December 3, 2010, Congress voted to
censure Rangel for 11 ethics violations. *House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
fought removal of Charles B. Rangel from the House Ways and Means
Committee.

Felony President. *18 USC, Sec. 600. Promise of employment or other
benefit for political activity

Obama violated the law by trying to buy Joe Sestak off with a political
appointment in exchange for not pursuing an election bid to replace Arlen
Specter. *Obama violated the law by trying to buy former Colorado House
Speaker Andrew Romanoff off last fall to see if he'd be interested in an
administration job -- instead of running against Sen. Michael Bennet.

Another loss for Western Civilization.

Refining "Green" trash Tim General 56 October 20th 09 02:04 PM
Would Sotomayor Exonerate Bill Richardson & His "Moving AmericaForward" "Latino Voter Registration" Scam? [email protected] General 1 June 5th 09 07:44 PM
"I think I killed somebody" jps General 24 April 15th 09 12:58 AM
Barry Levinson to McCain: "Don't Start Shooting Without A Script" BBC boater buddy General 0 October 11th 08 12:07 PM
"Nice Shooting" from a SSGN Anonymous General 2 July 19th 07 06:31 PM