Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default The Newt Brings Us...

....today's political giggle...

Newt Gingrich, the architect behind the 1994 Republican revolution,
officially announced he's running for president via Twitter.

Gingrich, a former House speaker, is the first major candidate to
declare a run for president with a tweet.

Gingrich's biggest problem may be baggage, both political and personal.
He resigned from Congress in 1998 after his party suffered massive
midterm losses, and amid a barrage of ethics complaints.

It later came out that he'd been having an affair with a staff member,
Callista Bisek, while leading the impeachment proceedings against
Clinton for allegations of perjury in the Paula Jones sexual harassment
civil case and in Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky. Gingrich
married Bisek in 2000, making her his third wife.

Gingrich has been divorced twice, explaining his infidelities to the
Christian Broadcasting Network as triggered by passion for his country:

"There's no question that at times in my life, partially driven by how
passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and
that things happened in my life that were not appropriate," Gingrich said.

- - -

Another family values republican and the conservative nominee for
husband of the year.