Default Hummm...

Subversion

He does not meet the natural born citizen clause of the Constitution
Father?s race on the Obama birth certificate: only a curiosity or a
smoking gun?

- Lawrence Sellin Tuesday, April 26, 2011
I would like to begin by stating unequivocally that, for me, it does not
matter if Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii because he has never
been eligible to be President. He does not meet the natural born citizen
clause of the Constitution i.e. born in the United States, of parents
who were both U.S. citizens at the time of the candidate?s birth.

I admit that I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, an expert on
birth documents nor am I terribly familiar with the details of the
current birth certificate controversy.

Nevertheless, there is one thing that I don?t quite understand.

On the Certification of Live Birth (COLB), now widely available on the
internet, Obama?s father?s race is listed as ?African?.

First, ?African? usually defines a location not a race.

Second, the common usage for the race of black Africans in 1961 would
have been ?Negro? or ?Negroid?.

Third, ?African? is not listed as a race in the federal Office of
Management and Budget policy documents (1977, 1997).

For the sake of argument, let?s say that the terminology is peculiar to
Hawaii and Obama filed a Late Certificate of Birth or perhaps his
documents were updated in recent years.

In that case, the publicly available COLB must reflect what is written
on the source birth documents, even updated ones.

In Appendix B ?Hawaii Model ? Standard for Clustering Race/Ethnicity
Categories? contained in an article published in 2003 by employees of
the Hawaii Department of Health, the word ?African? appears as an
?Aggregated Ethnic Group? under the race category ?Black (non-
Hispanic)?. That differs from the categories in Appendix A, which
apparently represented an earlier version and did not contain the word
?African?.

Unless I am mistaken, that information might suggest that Barack Obama?s
birth data were updated around 2003 or thereafter.

I don?t know. Just asking. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

NOTE: I already know how harrie will address this post as he hates it
when anybody else here has an opinion or comment... That's why he has
bullied and stalked so many folks from the board. Anyway, I won't pay
attention to his posts, so let me know if he ever addressed the issue
beyond calling names and trying to act clever for Don and JPS...

- Lawrence Sellin Tuesday, April 26, 2011
[...]

I am not Harry, but Lawrence Sellin has re-written and changed the
criteria for Presidency. It took me less than 10 seconds to look up the
actually criteria for Presidency. According to the requirements set
forth by the founding fathers (and the criteria used by the Supreme
Court and the Constitution) the criteria for Presidency is:

The Constitution requires that a candidate for the presidency must be a
"natural-born" citizen of the United States, at least 35 years of age,
and a resident of the United States for at least 14 years.

Natural-Born
An understanding of the nation is essential for the role of
President. The framers of the Constitution strongly believed that a
person must be born in the United States in order to fully understand
the country.

35 Years of Age
Personal experience was very important to the framers. They felt
that unless a person had reached the age of thirty-five, it was highly
unlikely for that person to have experienced enough to govern a nation.

14 Year Residency
Part of being President involves dealing with both domestic and
foreign problems. In order to face these problems, previous knowledge of
the nation's history in these matters is necessary. The framers decided
that fourteen years was an adequate time span to comprehend these issues.

The following answer some frequently asked questions about the
requirements and special cases.

Could a person born abroad to parents who are U.S. citizens eligible to
be President?
Yes. A child born of U.S. citizens anywhere in the world is
considered a natural born U.S. citizen and is eligible.

What exactly does "natural-born" mean?
Persons born citizens of the United States are considered
natural-born. Therefore, a child born of illegal immigrants or born on
U.S. soil yet lived his or her life out of the nation could still be
President. A naturalized citizen could not.

Does a person need to be married to be President?
Nope. There have been several Presidents who were not married at
the time of their election or during their term of office.

- Lawrence Sellin Tuesday, April 26, 2011

--

Sigh. Yet another crock of simple-minded right-wing crap from our
resident, semi-literate birther.

- Lawrence Sellin Tuesday, April 26, 2011
[...]

It's really shocking to me how racism still flourishes in this
country.

- Lawrence Sellin Tuesday, April 26, 2011
[...]

I'm not shocked. I'm always disappointed when I encounter it these days.
Usually, at least part of its basis is ignorance. Recently, in
rec.boats, the racists have revealed themselves as Ingersoll (uneducated
and pretty stupid), Canuck, and Frogwatch. I know the latter is pretty
bright, so I was surprised to see him buy into the birther bull****.

Since an early age, my only feelings about "race" (skin color) were
summed up as follows: some folks have better or different tans than
others. Giving people crap because of the color of their skin is the
height of stupidity.

On Wed, 04 May 2011 14:23:17 -0400, Harryk
sent the following message
On Wed, 04 May 2011 13:37:53 -0400,
It's really shocking to me how racism still flourishes in this
country.

I'm not shocked. I'm always disappointed when I encounter it these

days.
Usually, at least part of its basis is ignorance. Recently, in
rec.boats, the racists have revealed themselves as Ingersoll

(uneducated
and pretty stupid), Canuck, and Frogwatch. I know the latter is

pretty
bright, so I was surprised to see him buy into the birther bull****.

Since an early age, my only feelings about "race" (skin color) were
summed up as follows: some folks have better or different tans than
others. Giving people crap because of the color of their skin is

the
height of stupidity.

Maybe once this racism **** is put to bed we can concentrate on
eliminatipng prejidice against short people. We can only hope

* - Lawrence Sellin *Tuesday, April 26, 2011
[...]

resident, semi-literate birther.- Hide quoted text -

Hey Krausie, call the Office of the President, Yale University. They
need to talk to you.

All the best,
George

- Lawrence Sellin Tuesday, April 26, 2011
[...]

Actually, what gets me is the quality of the rendition. Pretty good
paper quality for its age. Might want to caron ate the paper and ink.

Second this is no address for the mother. Never knew a government clerk
that didn't want everything filled out.

--
I can assure you that the road to prosperity is not paved with
fleabagger debt.

Take a look at ANY country, more debt more problems. So why do we allow
our governments more debt? Selfishness, greed?

- Lawrence Sellin Tuesday, April 26, 2011
[...]

I'm sorry...have you presented your credentials on paper, forms, and
address requirements?

No? I didn't think so.