Default Wrap your mind round this'un

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

(insert intolerant hate based trolls and made up stories here)

Thanks harrie, it's what we expect from you...

Now tell us again what year you graduated Yale?

--
Team Rowdy Mouse, Banned from the Mall for life!

I_am_Tosk wrote:
In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

(insert intolerant hate based trolls and made up stories here)

Thanks harrie, it's what we expect from you...

Now tell us again what year you graduated Yale?

Hey, Snotty, it takes little effort for me to point out your
hallucinations. You're out of control and you're blatant about it.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

Frogwatch wrote:
My seriously liberal sister has taken up shooting, both with a 9 mm
and a .22 rifle. Today at our Easter family dinner, she remarked at
how since I was good at building boats'n stuff, maybe I could make a
gun rack for her Prius..........Dead silence with everyone processing
that one until I told her "OK, if you'll put a bumper sticker on it
saying "Gun control is a tight pattern"" and she agreed.

Easter, a perfect holiday on which to have gun discussions. :)

Harry, you love talking about your alleged guns.

In article , princecraft51
@gmail.com says...

"Harryk" wrote in message
m...

Frogwatch wrote:
My seriously liberal sister has taken up shooting, both with a 9 mm
and a .22 rifle. Today at our Easter family dinner, she remarked at
how since I was good at building boats'n stuff, maybe I could make a
gun rack for her Prius..........Dead silence with everyone processing
that one until I told her "OK, if you'll put a bumper sticker on it
saying "Gun control is a tight pattern"" and she agreed.

Easter, a perfect holiday on which to have gun discussions. :)

****

Those good 'ole Southern boys have made it so unsafe down there, everyone
needs to pack heat. Darn shame!

Don, your city, where that hovel of a house is, is a VERY high crime
area. You did know that didn't you?

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

I_am_Tosk wrote:
In , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

(insert intolerant hate based trolls and made up stories here)

Thanks harrie, it's what we expect from you...

Now tell us again what year you graduated Yale?

Hey, Snotty, it takes little effort for me to point out your
hallucinations. You're out of control and you're blatant about it.

Answer the question, Harry. What year did you graduate from Yale?

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

John H wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:58:15 -0700, wrote:

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:28:07 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

On Apr 24, 10:09 pm, wrote:
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 18:09:33 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch

wrote:
My seriously liberal sister has taken up shooting, both with a 9 mm
and a .22 rifle. Today at our Easter family dinner, she remarked at
how since I was good at building boats'n stuff, maybe I could make a
gun rack for her Prius...
build a good one so your sister

will have a nice rack
She's 41, a lawyer, has two kids, competes in triathlons, vegetarian,
ultra-liberal, drives a Prius and shoots for fun too. I believe that
when she is 50 she will no longer be liberal.
Hmm, I don't know. My daughter is also a liberal democrat. She's 52.
But she's a member of the NRA and shoots trap and auto loaders. (she
drives a Volvo)
I'm her opposite, have tons of guns, shoot once a month and drive a
Chevy. But I'm not a member of the NRA.
Eddie

Luckily, neither of my daughters are liberals.

I suppose they were just properly raised.

Well, they certainly weren't raised as Roman Catholics, eh?
Most Catholics I know, and I know a lot of them, are social liberals.
A number of them are anti-abortion, but in every other area of
importance, they are liberal.

So, where did you go wrong with them?

My uncle was in the seminary but decided that he wanted to do more with
his life. He went to USMC OCS and became a fighter pilot and when to
Vietnam and flew F4's.

Our family is very Catholic, very conservative and very generous to
charities.

Of course when you explain the economics of liberalism vs. conservatism
to children who start earning their own money it opens their eyes.

BAR wrote:

My uncle was in the seminary but decided that he wanted to do more with
his life. He went to USMC OCS and became a fighter pilot and when to
Vietnam and flew F4's.

Our family is very Catholic, very conservative and very generous to
charities.

Of course when you explain the economics of liberalism vs. conservatism
to children who start earning their own money it opens their eyes.

No offense to your uncle, but just how did he do "more with his life" by
being a fighter pilot in Vietnam? Is killing people a higher calling
than saving them?

There's more to being a good Catholic, I've been told, than being
"generous to charities," especially as it relates to other people.
Charity is great, don't get me wrong, but the papal encyclicals demand
more of good Catholics than charity.

As for your last sentence, I think it is hogwash.

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

BAR wrote:

My uncle was in the seminary but decided that he wanted to do more with
his life. He went to USMC OCS and became a fighter pilot and when to
Vietnam and flew F4's.

Our family is very Catholic, very conservative and very generous to
charities.

Of course when you explain the economics of liberalism vs. conservatism
to children who start earning their own money it opens their eyes.

No offense to your uncle, but just how did he do "more with his life" by
being a fighter pilot in Vietnam? Is killing people a higher calling
than saving them?

There's more to being a good Catholic, I've been told, than being
"generous to charities," especially as it relates to other people.
Charity is great, don't get me wrong, but the papal encyclicals demand
more of good Catholics than charity.

Why don't you convert? You talk about Catholics so much and you proclaim
to be more knowledgeable than Catholics.

As for your last sentence, I think it is hogwash.

Hogwash? When my daughter comes home from a baby sitting job and I
explain to her how taxes work. She gets ****ed off and wants to know why
the government gets to take money from her when the government didn't do
any work. That $40 she earned turns into about $25 by the time
government is finished taking its cut.

I am going to get my quarterly bonus check in a couple of weeks. Do you
know how much I get to keep? 48%. The government takes 52% of my bonus
check in the form of taxes.

BAR wrote:
In articlet5qdnaqmfKAN6ijQnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d@earthlink .com, payer3389
@mypacks.net says...
BAR wrote:

[...]

Your babysitting daughter is in the 37% tax bracket?

Oh, I'm sure *your* explanation of how taxes work is imbued with more
than a little right-wing teahadist nonsense. Your concept of the
"government not doing any work," by the way, is just more ignorant
nonsense. The government makes sure the air is reasonably clean, the
water is reasonably pure, the roads and sidewalks are maintain, the
schools are open, the food is reasonably safe, that there's a fire
department, and so forth and so on. Have you taught your daughter about
the cost of such services? Does she think they are free?

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

BAR wrote:

[...]

You are nothing but an offensive low life scum.

Round and round we go....Loogy (spoofer) *e#c General 0 January 13th 11 08:24 PM
Race Wrap-up John H.[_4_] General 14 May 30th 08 03:43 PM
shrink wrap Ashlandoregon Boat Building 2 December 7th 03 08:21 PM
shrink wrap Ashlandoregon General 0 December 7th 03 08:47 AM
Actually an open mind about Harry Potter is also an open mind about evolution. Bertie the Bunyip ASA 0 September 9th 03 01:53 PM