posted to rec.boats,alt.great.lakes

Default Watch list predicts Great Lakes’ future nonnatives

http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/04/13...re-nonnatives/

On 4/17/2011 12:01 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 23:17:58 -0400, Lil wrote:

http://greatlakesecho.org/2011/04/13...re-nonnatives/

If your experience up there is anything like Florida, you better just
plan on living with the exotic species. Once established, they are
virtually impossible to get rid of. In spite of massive efforts and
millions of dollars, I can't think of one invasive exotic we have
stopped.

It is alarming. A million dollar bond for ownership of one of those
snakes or any exotic. They have to be chipped.
Five years hard labor also if convicted of releasing one.
If we can get some laboratories to work on it I'm sure they can come up
with a biological control for the reptiles
perhaps carp too.
The Mussels?

Asian Carp Watch - Great Lakes Fishing lil abner General 0 January 30th 10 06:57 PM
great lakes trip bacolod Cruising 8 November 7th 06 08:15 PM
Cleaning up the Great Lakes. Short Wave Sportfishing General 6 December 6th 04 11:23 AM
Loran on the great lakes rcgordo Electronics 6 March 29th 04 04:45 AM
great lakes navigation Matt Ashbrook General 10 September 12th 03 01:38 AM