Bruce

Default omc outdrive

Is it a cobra?

--
Bruce
99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac
89 YJ
03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256
90 XJ6 Sovereign

"madmike" wrote in message ...
Is there anyone here that knows where I can find information to remove an
omc outdrive from a boat? It seems to be around a mid 80's model and is
connected to a ford 351. I have looked on the web with no luck, thanks if
you can help.

N.L. Eckert

madmike wrote:
Is there anyone here that knows where I can find information to remove
an omc outdrive from a boat? It seems to be around a mid 80's model and
is connected to a ford 351. I have looked on the web with no luck,
thanks if you can help.
==================================
Boat US or West have manuals and they give detailed instructions for
removing the outdrive. If this is a Cobra, all you need to do is
remove the 6 bolts that connect the lower unit to the housing, then
remove the rod that the lift pistons connect to. After that, its just
a matter of pulling it out of the splines. Getting it back in takes a
bit of patience, tho.
=========
Norm

N.L. Eckert wrote:
: madmike wrote:
: Is there anyone here that knows where I can find information to remove
: an omc outdrive from a boat? It seems to be around a mid 80's model and
: is connected to a ford 351. I have looked on the web with no luck,
: thanks if you can help.

I have a shop manual on 1982 OMC outdrives. However, I still have the drive
so I'm reluctant to part with it. Is your drive white in color or silver?
If it's white, I probably have a manual that would cover it.

barry

Keady100

I think Seloc makes a manual to cover OMC stuff. I remember looking at it in a
boat store. Looked very complete. Try Amazon or Barnes and Noble to see what
they have.
I know there is a manual out there that will cover what you need.

Tony

Tuuk

Call up OMC or Bombardier on their 1-800 number, you will go through a few
people who will ask you to call the marina or dealer but keep trying or play
stupid and sooner or later you will be connected to the tech staff and find
out who your talking to and ask them how to contact them again if needed.
Works for me. They will ask you for serial number or model number and will
walk you through the procedures.
There is a company called Ken Cook or something like that who specialize in
older model owners manuals and service manuals. They usually have
everything.
good luck