N.L. Eckert

Default omc outdrive

madmike wrote:
Is there anyone here that knows where I can find information to remove
an omc outdrive from a boat? It seems to be around a mid 80's model and
is connected to a ford 351. I have looked on the web with no luck,
thanks if you can help.
Boat US or West have manuals and they give detailed instructions for
removing the outdrive. If this is a Cobra, all you need to do is
remove the 6 bolts that connect the lower unit to the housing, then
remove the rod that the lift pistons connect to. After that, its just
a matter of pulling it out of the splines. Getting it back in takes a
bit of patience, tho.
=========
Norm