Default Japan shaken down and...

In article 850477e9-e6dd-4f74-8e92-bb9a3dc37405
@j9g2000prj.googlegroups.com, says...

On Mar 13, 8:29*pm, Gene wrote:
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:27:44 -0400, John H
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:05:40 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 01:15:04 -0500, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/11/gop-budget-tsunami/

It's the thinning of the herd. The folks who were swept away in the US
were down there to take frekin' pictures,

Cite?

http://www.newser.com/story/113960/c...for-man-swept-
out-to-sea.html

http://world-news.newsvine.com/_news...-man-swept-to-
death-by-tsunami-wave-in-calif?threadId=3075799&commentId=52420520

they had plenty of warning without another govt boondoggle.

You mean the existing government boondoggle, those tsunami sensors?
The boondoggle that gave the warnings? *(allowing the smartest to
flee?)

When they tell you to got to higher ground and you grab your camera and
go to the beach then you should be shot so that we know you are dead and
we don't have to risk other people's lives to go look for you.

As far as "the thinning of the herd",
like Wiggy says, "Truly stupid people will find ways to kill themselves
no matter what you do to try to protect them from themselves"... Those
folks who went down to take pictures and tied up the Coast Guard should
have to pay for the rescue and be charged complicit in the death of
their friend... *Dumb asses...

Wow! Do you feel that strongly about people that are hurt in
motorcycle racing accidents? Or boat racing? Rock climbing? Etc.?

People who involve themselves in risky activities assume the risk. When
I was skydiving I knew that each time I made a skydive I could die,
become physical disabled or break a finger nail.

Do you still do any skydiving? My younger daughter wants to try it. Hell, I'd go
with her (maybe).

Why would ANYBODY, in their right mind, of course, jump out of a
perfectly good airplane???

--

Fort Agent 6.00 Build 1186

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover." * - Unknown

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
*http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

I dont' know, but my uncle did I suppose for a very specific reason.

. Korea 1953 11th Airborne Div.

As did my dad.. 13th Air wing, 313 bomb squad...
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Cool! man. Did your dad serve in Korea? or ww2?

In article 673cf4ce-ba0a-47c8-8800-
, says...

wrote:

[...]

It was WW2, the Phillipene Islands... He ran a school over there for the
guys packing the parachutes and wing floats, ditch rafts and such for
B17 and B29 Bombers... Never saw combat, or at least he didn't talk
about it. He did note if he had, he wouldn't tell me about it anyway...
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Philippines same with my dad, only he was a forward observer with the
450th HQ btry. He was the guy who climbed the hills stringing spools
of wire for a field telephone to call in the 105 strikes. he never
told of anything but the fun stuff he did in the service. only after
he passed away did I learn that he was awarded a bronze battle star
for 'something'

wrote:

[...]

'Cause their daughter wanted them to. It's a family thing.

wrote:

[...]

I would have gone airborne, it was $110 extra dollars a month when my base pay
was only $243.

But, I could never do one pull-up. Push ups, sit ups, the mile run - no sweat.
But never one pull-up.

Only in Japan... Tom Francis - SWSports General 6 December 13th 09 10:30 PM
Guns outlawed in Japan Bob Crantz ASA 34 April 22nd 07 05:44 AM
What happens to political posters in Japan! JohnH General 0 August 9th 06 05:29 PM
Thank you Japan! Bob Crantz ASA 0 April 15th 06 01:59 PM
Cruising Japan? Mike General 0 October 31st 05 05:09 PM