Default A problem with deep-sixing pirates....

In article 5da80d94-4f1d-4f52-9e32-222e83674c45
@r4g2000prm.googlegroups.com, says...

On Feb 28, 10:11*pm, I_am_Tosk
wrote:
In article fcdaebbc-51ec-495e-af98-6905b1e75ce1
@t16g2000vbi.googlegroups.com, says...

On Feb 28, 9:32 pm, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In article 264b75d3-377c-404f-ac36-ac4e7b398883@
18g2000prd.googlegroups.com, says...

On Feb 28, 9:11 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:17:13 -0800, wrote:
What?? We're certainly not doing that in Afg. Bush is the one who
wouldn't commit troops there when we could have caught him. I guess
OBL wasn't that important... But, you want to commit 300K troops in
Somalia.

I never said I would put ONE ...

Anybody want some popcorn?

I don't know who is to blame for Egypt but Greg wants to shoot all the
baby deer in the woods! Oh, and he hates the number 4 too, just like
all the other corporate clowns!! snerk

And more popcorn

Well, i dont' know about any of that, but this here slug-fest is
getting interesting.

One uses logic, and the other is a button pusher.

me? I dont' know a good and fair answer, and at the moment I'm sitting
sitting in the grand stand watching the show.

I am just sitting here in shock. I made a mistake today that is gonna'
have a huge effect on the race team this season. I broke an engine while
prepping a bike for a guy who was gonna' buy it... I am such an idiot.

I could use some popcorn, and a beer.. Well I have a beer here I think
but yech, that doesn't sound good right now either. I am still in
shock...

that sux!

Gotta' love Jessica.. Her reaction was, "well, at least it wasn't my
race bike", and "OK dad, that's another dumb mistake you don't get to
make again, another one down"! LOL!

She knows we are starting late, but the kid has one awesome attitude.
After we calmed down she said, "ok dad, put the bike away till morning.
I will cook supper, and you need to go do an hour of Yoga, that always
helps"... And of course she was right again I love this kid!

Go RMR 2012!

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:48:10 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

On 2/28/11 9:31 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:29:37 -0500,
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:16:59 -0800,
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:38:24 -0500,
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:51:00 -0800,
wrote:

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:32:54 -0500,
wrote:

The total cost of 9/11 is about $2 TRILLION AND CLIMBING. Bush ignored
warnings that it was going to happen, then invaded a country that had
nothing to do with it. I guess when you get a memo that says OBL
determined to attack the US, it's ok to file it in the round file.

Another non-responsive answer.

My error... you were talking about the cost of 9/11 to the terrorists.
Sorry. OBL had/has $100M to play with. Yet, the Somali pirates are not
terrorists. They're criminals. Since they're the ones who are getting
the money, an attack on the US from them is pretty unlikely. I know
you'd like to make the case that there is some equivalency between the
two, but there isn't. Bush tried that, unfortunately successfully.

"Gad" is the operative word. Our government thinks they have
sequestered/confiscated his money and there really are not that many
ATMs in the mountains of Pakistan anyway.

We don't have a clue who the Somali pirates are or who is behind them.
There is plenty of Al Qaeda activity in Somalia and is unreasonable to
think they don't have an eye on that money.
You admitted Somalia could be a problem about a month ago and said we
should invade them too if we could prove it.

I never said that. Prove it.

Most of the people who are profiting are war lords and have no great
interest in attacking the US. That's just nonsense.

And you know this how? Even if you are right and is only a few who are
Al Qaeda, it only takes one.

I've already posted links to this. Feel free to do your own research!

So, you believe in Cheney's 1% solution. Classic.

Personally I think it is better to just cut off the money.

How? Who should we starve this time?

You cut off the money by stopping the pirates

?? Maybe you can freeze their BofA checking accounts.

We were talking about where the NEXT attack may come from and where
the money to finance is coming from. While Al Qaeda is amassing
millions in Somalia, we are still attacking goat herders in Pakistan
and Afghanistan who don't have 2 nickels to rub together.
OBL was just the money, not the brains.

You have demonstrated how easy it is to launder money and you know
there are 100 guys as smart as bin laden, just not as rich.
Now they are rich.
This piracy is a clear and present danger to the US, certainly more
than some broke assed Taliban guys running around Kanahar.

Sounds like revisionist history to me. Maybe NOW the Taliban aren't
rich (OBL certainly still is) and they aren't attacking the US sans a
few people who were warned about going there (kind of reminds me of
those hikers who got arrested by Iran).

OBL is very well cut off from his money ... if he still has any. We
have been targeting his finances for a decade.

Which has nothing to do with Somali pirates, who are mostly fishermen
and criminals. OBL for all his faults is well educated.

How long are you going to fight the last war?
OBL has not been involved in any attacks since 9-11. The recent ones
came out of Yemen, right across the straight from Somalia.

?? So we should let bygones be bygones? Bush screwed up big time by
letting him slip away. Feel free to keep defending that loser.

You are willing to bomb and kill thousands of Afghanis for a decade
because some guy passed through there 10 years ago but you think Tosk
is evil because he wants to bomb some fishing villages that sponsor
pirates.

What?? We're certainly not doing that in Afg. Bush is the one who
wouldn't commit troops there when we could have caught him. I guess
OBL wasn't that important... But, you want to commit 300K troops in
Somalia.

I don't think Tosk is evil. I think he's a moron and an
asshole/stalker. Don't blame me... you brought him up.

And you are a retarded bitch, so what?

I was at one of our local supermarkets earlier this evening, and when I
finished shopping, I struck up a conversation with the porter there, a
nice young man who is developmentally disabled but despite his handicap
works hard at his job, which he has held for more than 10 years. He's a
fellow who is getting along in this world, and he's obviously more
employable than you are.

I think Tosk pretty much summed up who he is with his one line
response.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:06:00 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article , payer3389
says...

I was at one of our local supermarkets earlier this evening, and when I
finished shopping, I struck up a conversation with the porter there, a
nice young man who is developmentally disabled but despite his handicap
works hard at his job, which he has held for more than 10 years. He's a
fellow who is getting along in this world, and he's obviously more
employable than you are.

I am surprised the evil union busting *******s the Cohen's sold their
business to are still hiring the disabled as bag loaders and cart
stackers.

I still don't shop at Giant except for a couple of items that Safeway
doesn't stock. The cost of a trip to Giant is about 15% more than a trip
to Safeway. And the evil ******* union that has a hold over employment
at Giant sucks dues from high school kids when they are away on vacation
with their families and not working.

You should feel right at home at Wal-Mart then.

wrote:

What?? We're certainly not doing that in Afg. Bush is the one who
wouldn't commit troops there when we could have caught him. I guess
OBL wasn't that important... But, you want to commit 300K troops in
Somalia.

I never said I would put ONE ****ING GUY on the ground in Somalia. I
only said if I did I would send 100,000 (using the Peteaus or Powell
doctrine) if I went and that is probably not enough.
Personally I think invading Africa is as stupid as invading
Afghanistan. It is actually worse politically.

And, in the next sentence you said it would be a disaster. So, let me
summarize... you wouldn't do it, but if you did it would be a mistake.

As for OBL, it is far from certain 50,000 troops would have had any
better luck in catching him without also doing a mass invasion of
Pakistan, something Bush wisely did not want to do.

It wouldn't have been certain, but it would have been more likely.
Bush/Rumsfeld couldn't use 50K troops because they didn't think it was
necessary. The screwed it up.

It is one thing to put Delta teams on the ground, they are trained to
move like that but putting regular troops on the ground and feeding
them takes time. Your homework, how long did it take to get the troops
in for most recent surge in Afghanistan and we were already there in
force.
(Hint: it was a number of months)

What was the rush? We had intel about where he was. Bush left it to
the war lords since there were no troops available.

I know there were some old Delta guys on TV saying "if I just had X",
everyone has an excuse for failing but there is no real proof it would
have actually worked.

Bush screwed us, our troops, the Afghanis and the Iraqis over. That
doesn't need to be proved, since it's a fact.

On Feb 28, 10:44*pm, wrote:
[...]

"The screwed up." excellent D'Plume?

Bush screwed us, our troops, the Afghanis and the Iraqis over. That
doesn't need to be proved, since it's a fact.

You're telling us that Bush stooped to low to screw you and JPS both?
Truly the man was desperate.

On 2/28/11 11:11 PM, I_am_Tosk wrote:

I am just sitting here in shock. I made a mistake today that is gonna'
have a huge effect on the race team this season. I broke an engine while
prepping a bike for a guy who was gonna' buy it... I am such an idiot.

Perhaps we can take up a collection...how much do you need, $5.00?

On Feb 28, 9:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

That's some **** news. Now you'll have something to spend all that money on.
What did you break in the engine?

In article ,
says...

,

On Feb 28, 9:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

I somehow I dropped a screw down in the cylinder, found out as soon as
it kicked over Hey, **** happens. We were going to use the cash to
send the race bike to the builder for some extra "fun".

It goes something like this..
Racer: How fast can you make it go?
Engine Builder: As fast as you want, how much money do you want to
spend?

.... so, do we go fast, or get new uniforms this season? Guess I better
get out the brush and the old pink motowash, cause we do want it to go
fast

Just another setback, but "that's racin". We will be ready though, Jessi
has been in the gym like a maniac over the winter and she is just about
where we need to be mentally too... The racebike is just about ready for
the builder, we are waiting for one part but it will be here in plenty
of time.

Anyway, wish us luck, this should be a transition year for us..

On 2/28/2011 10:22 PM, Tim wrote:
On Feb 28, 9:11 pm, wrote:
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:17:13 -0800, wrote:
What?? We're certainly not doing that in Afg. Bush is the one who
wouldn't commit troops there when we could have caught him. I guess
OBL wasn't that important... But, you want to commit 300K troops in
Somalia.

I never said I would put ONE ...

Anybody want some popcorn?

This is the kind of show where you can tune in any time, have a few
laughs, then leave. If you like the Greg and Jessica Da Plume show.
You'd love Abbot and Costello. Particularly the "Who's on first" episode.

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:26:27 -0500, I_am_Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Feb 28, 9:11 pm, wrote:
[...]

I can't imagine that, unless you had the head off. I broke a ring in my last
Guzzi and had to replace piston, rings, cylinder, and the head. Did both sides.
Parts cost right at $500, but that was in Germany and about 20 years ago. I
learned a lot about motorcycle engines doing it.

Problem with my 1978 Sea Star 165hp Mercruiser Starting Problem smoothz1977 Boat Building 3 June 21st 06 07:04 PM
pirates jlrogers ASA 1 November 27th 05 01:47 PM
Cooling problem? Need Advice/Help (also poss. gear problem) ToneJohn General 11 May 14th 05 06:03 PM