Default GOP Continues to Kill the Middle Class

On 2/17/2011 6:34 PM, bpuharic wrote:
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:53:29 -0500, L wrote:

bpuharic wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:28:07 -0500, wrote:

On 2/14/2011 6:38 AM, bpuharic wrote:

so tell me: how we doing??

I don't know about yours but my portfolio is doing quite nicely. Thanks
for asking.

gee if that's the case

why is unemployment at 9%?

Obama.

HAHAHAH gee. the germans have 6%

lots of unions there. social democracy. more liberal than obama....

I have relatives in Germany, and the unemployment is close to 20%.

bpuharic wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:28:07 -0500, wrote:

On 2/14/2011 6:38 AM, bpuharic wrote:

so tell me: how we doing??

I don't know about yours but my portfolio is doing quite nicely.
Thanks
for asking.

gee if that's the case

why is unemployment at 9%?

Obama.

HAHAHAH gee. the germans have 6%

lots of unions there. social democracy. more liberal than obama....

The unemployment rate in Germany this past January was 6.6%.

This article from the Minneapolis Post explains why:

Germany – the new mini-superpower

By Robert Marquand | Published Mon, Jan 31 2011 8:37 am

BERLIN — Quietly at first but less so now, Germany is breaking out of
its postwar identity – the assumptions and understandings that held it
in place for 60 years. Germany is shedding the past, busting old taboos
and being more assertive. What an evolving Germany will look like in 20
or even five years is unclear, but will have profound consequences for
Europe and the West. Much of the recent breakout is due to a rising
German industrial base achieved by elbow grease, niche market savvy,
and, as is often said here, by "doing our homework."

Germans have looked around lately to find they have the preeminent
world-class export economy in Europe. No one else comes close. German
precision tools are coveted in Asia and Russia like Fabergι eggs.
Germany is building much of the Summer Olympic and World Cup facilities
in Brazil. The next generation of Eurostar trains linking the Continent
and Britain will be made by Siemens of Germany, not, as they
traditionally have been, by Alstom of France – a blow to French pride.

Germany's new global strategy seeks markets and relations in every
direction – from Brazil and China to Vietnam and India. France no longer
exercises its capacity to "run Europe" but has become a kind of shadow
partner of Berlin. Even the city of Berlin, with its bohemian nightclubs
and vibrant arts community, has become a hip urban center – what some
here consider the new Paris of Europe.

Germany makes no secret that it desires greater stability between
Berlin, Poland, and Moscow. A new amity along the old Weimar corridor
would signify a breathtaking change.

Overall, Germany spent $120 billion a year in the 1990s to unify the
country and rebuild its infrastructure, training its sights on the
global marketplace. That helped it pull away from the rest of the EU.
Forty percent of Germany's exports now go to the so-called BRIC
countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China). The closest EU competitor
ships less than 10 percent. German machine-tool exports alone spiked 128
percent between 2009 and 2010. The unemployment rate in Germany hit an
18-year low last fall – 7.5 percent.

- - -

http://www.minnpost.com/worldcsm/201...ini-superpower

Germany has its problems, of course, and some of them are damned
serious, but it made the sort of capital investment we don't make in
this country, especially in infrastructure, and it has a much stronger
social safety net than we do. A social democracy can work. A free market
democracy does not, not any longer.

On 2/18/11 8:25 AM, BAR wrote:
Sucks to be me.

No doubt about it.

bpuharic wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 10:28:07 -0500, wrote:

HAHAHAH gee. the germans have 6%

lots of unions there. social democracy. more liberal than obama....

I have relatives in Germany, and the unemployment is close to 20%.

wrong.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/Econ...spx?symbol=DEM

The unemployment rate in Germany was last reported at 7.40 percent in
January of 2011.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 06:47:29 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

lots of unions there. social democracy. more liberal than obama....

The unemployment rate in Germany this past January was 6.6%.

This article from the Minneapolis Post explains why:

Germany – the new mini-superpower

By Robert Marquand | Published Mon, Jan 31 2011 8:37 am

slate m agazine had an article earlier this year about why the US has
the income inequality profile of a 3rd world country

one reason was the fact the weathly...CEO's, etc. get to set their own
salaries

another was that our sports figures are very well paid

and accounting for about 20% of the difference...in fact, the 3rd most
important factor

was the low rate of unionization

americans have been taught to hate unions. and the rich are laughing
all the way to the bank

In article , payer3389
@mypacks.net says...

On 2/18/11 8:25 AM, BAR wrote:
Sucks to be me.

No doubt about it.

6 weeks into the year and 5.3% increase in value of my 401K.

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:02:35 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article , payer3389
says...

On 2/18/11 8:25 AM, BAR wrote:
Sucks to be me.

No doubt about it.

6 weeks into the year and 5.3% increase in value of my 401K.

So, Obama must be successfully destroying the economy!