M.E.

Default Stainless Prop Damage

Hey everyone,

Well the costs of boating strike again... my dad was out today in our boat
and the stainless prop has damage to the one blade... there is also a bit of
damage to the skeg... the skeg I know how to deal with but the stainless
prop I'm not sure... It looks like it may have just kid of scraped a rock or
something... Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about repairing this as
there is a tiny bit of material missing now and a bit of a bend.

Thanks,
Mike

Harry Krause

M.E. wrote:

Hey everyone,

Well the costs of boating strike again... my dad was out today in our boat
and the stainless prop has damage to the one blade... there is also a bit of
damage to the skeg... the skeg I know how to deal with but the stainless
prop I'm not sure... It looks like it may have just kid of scraped a rock or
something... Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about repairing this as
there is a tiny bit of material missing now and a bit of a bend.

Thanks,
Mike

Sure. Take it to a quality prop shop.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

JR North

Have a good prop shop repair it. I whacked the hell out of
my Stiletto SS prop on some floating rocks. No, I didn't
blunder into shallow water..they were floating, I tell you.
Anyway, it looked REALLY bad. Bent blades, material missing,
gouged...a local prop shop repaired it for $125. You
absolutely could not tell it had ever been damaged, and no
performance loss after the repair.
JR

"M.E." wrote:

Hey everyone,

Well the costs of boating strike again... my dad was out today in our boat
and the stainless prop has damage to the one blade... there is also a bit of
damage to the skeg... the skeg I know how to deal with but the stainless
prop I'm not sure... It looks like it may have just kid of scraped a rock or
something... Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about repairing this as
there is a tiny bit of material missing now and a bit of a bend.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Remove X to reply

M.E.

Thanks a bundle... Kinda the same story I'm getting from dad! lol

I'll have to get a prop shop to look at it it's not terrible damage so I'll
have to see cost... just need to get it balanced good to save the $4000
after shock from vibration

Thanks for the info.

Mike

"M.E." wrote:

Hey everyone,

Well the costs of boating strike again... my dad was out today in our

boat
and the stainless prop has damage to the one blade... there is also a

bit of
damage to the skeg... the skeg I know how to deal with but the stainless
prop I'm not sure... It looks like it may have just kid of scraped a

rock or
something... Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about repairing this

as
there is a tiny bit of material missing now and a bit of a bend.

Thanks,
Mike

--
Remove X to reply

Gould 0738

I've never heard of floating rocks. Could you explain this?

Probably meant tongue in cheek.

But, out here in the volcano zone we do have floating rocks. Pumice comes
immediately to mind, and there may be another stone or two that is also so
honeycombed with air pockets that it weighs less than the volume of water it
displaces.

M.E.

Default Stainless Prop Damage - Follow up

It would appear that not only did the prop take some damage but the prop
shaft is also bent... grrr... nice end to the boating season... anyways, is
this a job that can be tackled at home or is it a shop job?

Thanks,

"M.E." wrote in message
Hey everyone,

Well the costs of boating strike again... my dad was out today in our boat
and the stainless prop has damage to the one blade... there is also a bit

of
damage to the skeg... the skeg I know how to deal with but the stainless
prop I'm not sure... It looks like it may have just kid of scraped a rock

or
something... Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about repairing this

as
there is a tiny bit of material missing now and a bit of a bend.

Thanks,
Mike

Clams Canino

I show $386 for a Merc Alpha one propshaft - part only. That should help
warm you up to the total bill.

-W

"M.E." wrote in message
Hey everyone,

Well the costs of boating strike again... my dad was out today in

our
boat
and the stainless prop has damage to the one blade... there is also

bit
of
damage to the skeg... the skeg I know how to deal with but the

stainless
prop I'm not sure... It looks like it may have just kid of scraped

rock
or
something... Any suggestions or ideas on how to go about repairing

this
as
there is a tiny bit of material missing now and a bit of a bend.

Thanks,
Mike

Prop Size 1990 Bayliner 22.55 Ciera Sunbridge J K General 1 September 15th 03 10:32 PM
Stainless Prop Trim Tab M.E. General 1 August 6th 03 02:52 AM
which prop Tony Thomas General 0 July 30th 03 12:35 PM
Prop sizes/performance Steve Lomax General 6 July 23rd 03 11:49 PM
Prop question Frank Taylor, Jr. General 5 July 23rd 03 04:23 AM