Ray Norrish

Default Johnson in the sea

See previous post - any views?

noah

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 02:58:09 +0100, "Ray Norrish"
wrote:

See previous post - any views?

Sorry Ray, I can't see the previous post you refer to.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats
Ray Norrish

Ah.. it's disappeared now.
It was regarding a Johnson seahorse 25 which had be refitted after dropping
into the sea.
There are many new parts in the engine, but I was looking for some ideas of
parts which should be given closer attention after immersion in salt water.
Also, there is a gasket/seal which runs around the main housing / top of the
leg, which looks like a shock absorber, but is fairly rotten. Was wanting to
confirm if this is supposed to be waterproof or just a shock absorber?
There was some other stuff, but that was the important part.

Cheers

wrote:

See previous post - any views?

Sorry Ray, I can't see the previous post you refer to.
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats

15 HP Johnson overheat Q Joe Here General 8 July 15th 03 03:11 AM
Johnson 70 outboard. Smoke at idle MrDiesel General 13 July 13th 03 10:03 PM
55 johnson for parts Bob General 1 July 11th 03 02:33 PM
Stiff steering on Johnson 15hp Lloyd Sumpter General 1 July 11th 03 12:22 AM