Default Walmart is Doomed

On 1/23/11 2:52 PM, Gene wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:34:04 -0500,
wrote:

On 1/23/11 2:24 PM, Gene wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:01:08 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In ,
says...

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:57:10 -0500, John
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:27:28 -0500, John wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 06:52:09 -0500, I am
wrote:

In ,
says...

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:35:08 -0500, wrote some
crap I deleted:

It's all about WalMart....

http://tinyurl.com/4lh42dj

http://tinyurl.com/6xbaawb

Wow, a ten dollar shipping fee to get a package to some God forsaken
desert in God knows where.. Oooooo, never seen that before... NOT!

Man, we should put a target on one of their kids homes.... Yeah, that's
how we get our way!

We should tell WalMart how we feel about the practice.

I said the following:

" have just been informed, through the article below, of your policy with regard
to mail sent to the military at an APO address.

http://www.stripes.com/news/some-ret...resses-1.97267

As a retired soldier, I find the overcharges for mail delivered to the military
overseas an extremely repugnant practice. It is in poor taste to take advantage
of the military in such a manner. I can only commend "The Stars and Stripes" for
publishing the information.

Until I hear that this policy has been corrected, you'll not find me shopping at
WalMart. I will also do my best to spread the word about this practice.

Thank you for your time,

John Herring

You, et al, with your English language abilities, should be able to do much
better. Here's the place to go:

http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

Whoops, this was meant for Gene. And, there was an 'I' at the beginning of the
first sentence.

I don't think they believe you will stop shopping there. You got it
off your chest, so you'll be back in there looking for rollbacks in no
time.

Anyway, Tosk thinks the practice is entirely justifiable, since their
software says it's OK...

Never said that at all, you are starting to act like the plum or Harry
if you are going to go down that road... All I said is that you were
guessing, not stating facts when you stated as fact, that they were
gouging and there was no way it cost them more... Period.

I also quoted an authority... a postmaster....

Maybe there's a few other opinions, too......
http://tinyurl.com/4r9bz29

You are dealing with a brain-damaged moron there, Gene. Seriously.

OK, I give up.... the "Logistics" of writing APO vs NY on a mailing
label must cost at *least* an extra $10.00, even though the taxpayer
pays all of the "logistics" from NY to the final destination for all
shipments.

Maybe WalMart needs to buy their "logistics software" from a larger
company like Target or Amazon that can afford more accurate and
efficient results....

Snotty has heard the word "logistics" a few times in UPS TV commercials
and thinks he understands what it means and how to use it.

The real answer is that Wal-Mart has found a way to screw over another
market segment. It screws its employees generally, it screws its women
employees, it screws the wage-hour laws, it screws immigrant workers, it
screws local retailers, it screws America's remaining factory
workers...so why not screw military families?

On 1/23/11 3:23 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:36:10 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In ,
says...

I said the following:

[...]

What does the postmaster have to do with Logistics within Walmarts
operation? Has Obama gotten that far into our bedrooms?

What has Obama or our bedrooms got to do with WalMart and APO
addresses?

As much as your Postmaster knows about how Walmart stores, and ships
it's materials internally..

Were you fired from wal-mart, too?
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:48:08 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

On 1/23/11 2:36 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

I said the following:

[...]

Are you on those drugs again?

His patter is just a series of learned, right-wing cliches. It's
painful to read but a good lesson in how little it requires for people
to consider themselves informed.
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:26:24 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

On 1/23/11 3:23 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 14:36:10 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In ,
says...

I said the following:

[...]

Obama is now the postmaster, you see. He's the face of "big
government" in a way the GW Bush never could be. Nevermind Bush
presided over the biggest percentage growth of government bureaucracy
in the history of the USA.

I said the following:

[...]

And I thought he was just plain stupid... :)

Seriously, though, it is painful to read, and I'm not referring to his
constant spelling and grammar errors. Ingersoll apparently has no
ability to think critically. And I do believe he is using the word
"logistics" because UPS is using the word in its TV commercials. What
the hell would he know about "logistics"?

jps jps is offline

I said the following:

[...]

The horse is dead, already.....

Yeehaw!! What'd you say?
jps jps is offline

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:49:45 -0500, Gene
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 16:27:02 -0800, jps wrote:

Obama is now the postmaster, you see. He's the face of "big
government" in a way the GW Bush never could be. Nevermind Bush
presided over the biggest percentage growth of government bureaucracy
in the history of the USA.

This oblique foolishness sounds as ridiculous from you as it does
Tosk....

The horse is dead....

Giddy up!

"Gene" wrote in message ...

Let's read this again, for content:

On a $120 purchase, Walmart.com charged $10.35 to ship to an APO
address, compared with $2.10 to a stateside address. For most items,
Amazon.com charged the same to ship to an APO address as a stateside
address. And Target offered shipping on a $120 purchase to an APO
address for less than to a stateside address.

$10.00 or $.10 why would you charge people more, just because they
have an APO address?Amazon didn't do it. Target didn't do it. In fact,
I'm not sure that you'd find anybody else doing it. It doesn't cost
any more to ship to an APO than any other address, why would you
charge more? Gouging.... and gouging folks on a fixed income that are
likely a serrated family... already under stress....

Not to defend WalMart, but you guys are debating old, obsolete news, citing
articles written in Dec of 2009.
WalMart claims to have stopped charging extra to ship to APO addresses in
the same month and year.
Note the date of the release:

http://www.stripes.com/news/walmart-...ipping-1.97436

Eisboch

--
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are
enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

Forté Agent 6.00 Build 1186

On 1/24/11 8:33 AM, Eisboch wrote:

"Gene" wrote in message ...

[...]

But without that thread, we wouldn't have had the fun of seeing Scott
Ingersoll's claim that Gene was attacking Wal-Mart for those practices
because its founder was a Christian. And he was serious. As Jack Paar
used to say, "I kid you not."

We're Doomed ChrisC General 4 October 16th 08 01:59 PM
Bush has doomed us Crash Test Dummy ASA 0 October 1st 07 02:14 AM
Bobsprit Doomed!!! Bob Crantz ASA 0 June 26th 04 01:10 AM
Bush is doomed!! Bobsprit ASA 0 January 29th 04 02:01 AM
We're all doomed .... Vito ASA 5 October 31st 03 12:48 AM