Default My take on the Arizona shootings

First, I feel horrible about the losses and the injuries.

Second, I don't know enough about the alleged shooter to categorize him,
although from what I have read, he seems to have a serious mental illness.

Third, there is no doubt in my mind the rhetoric of certain politicians,
pundits, and candidates - mostly on the right - has poisoned the
political atmosphere and with the direct and implied threats, has made
being a public official far more dangerous than it already was. We need
no more talk of "Second Amendment Solutions" or graphics with "targets"
on them, or talk of violence against the government or our elected or
hired civil servants. It's one thing and entirely acceptable to come out
against a policy or position, and it is quite enough to make or imply
death threats against those who put forth proposed policies or positions.

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:15:03 -0500, "Paul@BYC"
wrote:

First, I feel horrible about the losses and the injuries.

Second, I don't know enough about the alleged shooter to categorize him,
although from what I have read, he seems to have a serious mental illness.

Third, there is no doubt in my mind the rhetoric of certain politicians,
pundits, and candidates - mostly on the right - has poisoned the
political atmosphere and with the direct and implied threats, has made
being a public official far more dangerous than it already was. We need
no more talk of "Second Amendment Solutions" or graphics with "targets"
on them, or talk of violence against the government or our elected or
hired civil servants. It's one thing and entirely acceptable to come out
against a policy or position, and it is quite enough to make or imply
death threats against those who put forth proposed policies or positions.

I think the local sheriff agrees with you.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:05:42 -0800, wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:37:37 -0800, jps wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Who, of course, is being raked of the coals by which cable news
channel?

Of course! The sheriff must be a communist or something.

Republicans are so twisted in knots. Belittling a sheriff for calling
out the right wing whackos.

wrote:

[...]

You should know, D'Plume

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:29:21 -0500, BAR wrote:

In article ,
says...

First, I feel horrible about the losses and the injuries.

Second, I don't know enough about the alleged shooter to categorize him,
although from what I have read, he seems to have a serious mental illness.

Third, there is no doubt in my mind the rhetoric of certain politicians,
pundits, and candidates - mostly on the right - has poisoned the
political atmosphere and with the direct and implied threats, has made
being a public official far more dangerous than it already was. We need
no more talk of "Second Amendment Solutions" or graphics with "targets"
on them, or talk of violence against the government or our elected or
hired civil servants. It's one thing and entirely acceptable to come out
against a policy or position, and it is quite enough to make or imply
death threats against those who put forth proposed policies or positions.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/0...ng-a-knife-to-
the-fight-we-bring-a-gun/

When will you be chastising Obama for his rhetoric?

From early 2008? Well, ok. He was wrong. Happy?

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:05:37 -0500, Harryk
wrote:

On 1/11/11 3:35 PM, I am Tosk wrote:
In ,
says...

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 07:29:21 -0500, wrote:

In ,
says...

[...]

From early 2008? Well, ok. He was wrong. Happy?

So you are saying Democrats putting targets on Republicans does not
count, because of what? Time???

Actually, Obama did not put a target on Republicans. Try reading for
content, d.f.

You're really expecting that of him??? lol

California and Arizona mmc General 108 July 24th 10 04:00 PM
Arizona Bill Gordon Cruising 5 May 21st 10 05:21 PM
More on shootings by Army sergeant HK General 2 May 12th 09 07:03 PM