Default No surprise

"Tim" wrote in message

On Jan 3, 5:04 pm, "Califbill" wrote:
"Harryk" wrote in ...

On 1/3/11 5:48 PM, Wayne.B wrote:

On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 13:16:40 -0800, "Califbill"
wrote:

I break the law on my skiff. Pee in a jug and pour overboard. Illegal
pour overboard, but legal to pee directly overboard. Wasn't it in
Boston
where the EPA said they could not dump the snow from the street cleanup
in
to the harbor. Couple years ago. But legal to let melt and run off in
the harbor. Common sense is not so common. Especially in government.

Especially in the EPA - too much education, not enough intelligence -
but very good at preserving their jobs.

There probably are good regulations against dumping snow in harbors and
rivers, and for good reasons. As an aside, the winter I lived in the
Albany, N.Y., area, we had a lot of snow. The plow-equipped dump trucks
pushed the snow down the main street in Albany, a street that ended at
the Hudson River. One overzealous driver pushed his mountain of plowed
snow right into the river (actually, a lot of drivers did that), but
apparently forgot where he was on the space-time continuum. Yup. The
snow, the plow, the truck and the driver...right into the Hudson. The
driver was rescued.

Reply: Why would there be a regulation against pushing snow in the river
get rid of it? The same snow as water will flow in to the river with the
same contaminants and maybe a few cars also,

Who knows, there might accidently be a tire in the pile, or a
bicycle... or corpse.

Reply:
All those end up in the river anyway.

Tim Tim is offline

*wrote:

[...]

Well, I'm not sure that's really how it is out there, but I'm sure
that's the standard inventory on the Chicago river.. But, not
necessarily in that order...

?;^ )

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 05:21:57 -0600, Boating All Out wrote:

In article ,
says...

Reply: Why would there be a regulation against pushing snow in the river to
get rid of it? The same snow as water will flow in to the river with the
same contaminants and maybe a few cars also,

Looks like you want all the street trash, shopping carts, parking spot
lumber, concealed trash cans, sofas out for trash pickup, etc. that's
picked up by snow plows on the streets of northern cities to be dumped
in nearby streams, rivers, and oceans.
Why don't you work out a paid arangement between California and the
northern snowy cities to transfer all that trash-filled snow to your
area, and dump it in the streams and ocean of California?
Might help the California budget.
BTW, it's not the feds prohibiting the dumping.
Usually state or local.
Responding to local fishermen and other water recreation citizens
bitching about shopping cart snagging and motor oil jugs floating all
over the place.
You're a moonbeam kinda guy.
But if you're blaming EPA for everything, moonbeam translates to "common
sense," right?
Riiiiiight.

Jeez...chill out.

I've never seen a snow plow pick up anything.

"John H" wrote in message ...
[...]

This boating all out character sounds a lot like nome der plume. Maybe they attended liberal arts collitch together.

--
Ziggy®

"Boating All Out" wrote in message

[...]

Was epa in Boston. Look at the ocean after a large rain storm. Lots of
stuff floating out to sea or back on shore. People dump crap in the stream
beds besides how many couches are put out for pickup in a snowstorm? and
most of the snow came from curb to curb. Not many people places couches in
the middle of the street, snowstorm or not. Moonbeam never had a lick of
sense in his first governorship and has not showed a lot in all his jobs
since.

What a surprise. H the K[_2_] General 7 August 21st 09 12:31 AM
HMS Surprise on the far side of the world_Geoff Hunt, 2003_sqs Hunt_02_HMS Surprise on the far side of the world, 2003_Geoff Hunt_sqs.jpg [1/2] Bouler Tall Ship Photos 0 August 9th 09 02:13 AM
What a surprise... Yogi of Woodstock General 2 July 20th 09 10:25 PM
Surprise, Surprise joevan[_2_] Tall Ship Photos 3 January 4th 08 01:37 AM
OT--No surprise here NOYB General 33 March 1st 05 12:04 AM