Default Boating Weather?

Just happened to look at the local forecast, since we are expecting a
bit of snow today, and saw this:

"snow with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon"

Snow during thunderstorms? Snow before thunderstorms?

Snow during thunderstorms is something I don't recall experiencing.

We're predicted for 12 to 16" of snow.

Someone on the Sound, someone is boating. Betcha.

On 12/26/10 9:20 AM, Gene wrote:
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:10:43 -0500,
wrote:

Just happened to look at the local forecast, since we are expecting a
bit of snow today, and saw this:

"snow with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon"

Snow during thunderstorms? Snow before thunderstorms?

Snow during thunderstorms is something I don't recall experiencing.

We're predicted for 12 to 16" of snow.

Someone on the Sound, someone is boating. Betcha.

Rarely happens, but usually indicates more snow within a couple of
weeks....

We're predicted as much as 3" and we 20 miles north of the SC line and
within sight of the beach. Lake boaters in central NC are looking at
8" of wet snow....

We've had enough snow already to cover the grass. Not sticking at the
moment to the pavement. Prediction is for four to eight inches in the DC
area by day's end. If that happens, it'll be enough, probably, for
governmental shutdowns tomorrow. Schools are already closed because of
the holiday break.

On 12/26/10 8:10 AM, Paul@BYC wrote:
Just happened to look at the local forecast, since we are expecting a
bit of snow today, and saw this:

"snow with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon"

Snow during thunderstorms? Snow before thunderstorms?

Snow during thunderstorms is something I don't recall experiencing.

We're predicted for 12 to 16" of snow.

Someone on the Sound, someone is boating. Betcha.

Hardly a late fall/winter goes by here without reading about some
hapless duck/goose hunter out on Chesapeake Bay in a little skiff,
hunting his prey, falling in the water, and dying fast because of
hypothermia. That's a big price to pay for a duck dinner.
mmc mmc is offline

wrote in message ...

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:10:43 -0500, "Paul@BYC"
wrote:

Just happened to look at the local forecast, since we are expecting a
bit of snow today, and saw this:

"snow with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon"

Snow during thunderstorms? Snow before thunderstorms?

Snow during thunderstorms is something I don't recall experiencing.

We're predicted for 12 to 16" of snow.

Someone on the Sound, someone is boating. Betcha.

We got out yesterday. It was mid 70s.

=========

40's today, blowing like stink.
Got a new smoker for Christmas and planning on doing up some chicken and
veggies. It'll have to wait till the wind drops about 20 knots!

"Gene" wrote in message ...

wrote:

Just happened to look at the local forecast, since we are expecting a
bit of snow today, and saw this:

"snow with a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon"

Snow during thunderstorms? Snow before thunderstorms?

Snow during thunderstorms is something I don't recall experiencing.

We're predicted for 12 to 16" of snow.

Someone on the Sound, someone is boating. Betcha.

Rarely happens, but usually indicates more snow within a couple of
weeks....

We're predicted as much as 3" and we 20 miles north of the SC line and
within sight of the beach. Lake boaters in central NC are looking at
8" of wet snow....

As of now, in spite of all the white stuff falling... it is melting as
quickly as it is hitting the ground... except for wood decks and the
like...

--
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are
enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.tranquilrefuge.net/boating/the_boat/my_boat.htm

Forté Agent 6.00 Build 1186

Reply:
Cold and windy. Probably low 50's in Santa Monica. Driving back from the
other daughter in Long Beach, was raining hard. Really hard. Was surprised
that I saw no accidents on the way back. Daughters Mother in law drove down
from Sacramento area yesterday, and said was foggy in the valley at times.
Try to take the kayak for stripers or trout this week.

wrote:

[...]

As long as the market is open, Ullico never sleeps, eh?