Default Maiden voyage

Made it to our temporary slip on Deals without mishap thanks to
watchful eye and docking lessons from local, charterboat captain I
hired for a half day. I had no real experience with a semi
displacement hull like the new boat has. Boat moves nicely in water.

--
posted from my Droid

"Secular humorist" wrote in message
nt.net...
Made it to our temporary slip on Deals without mishap thanks to watchful
eye and docking lessons from local, charterboat captain I hired for a half
day. I had no real experience with a semi displacement hull like the new
boat has. Boat moves nicely in water.

--
posted from my Droid

Congratulations!
When you make up your invited list, leave out the unappreciative rabble like
JohnnyH

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:27:30 -0400, Secular humorist
wrote:

Made it to our temporary slip on Deals without mishap thanks to
watchful eye and docking lessons from local, charterboat captain I
hired for a half day. I had no real experience with a semi
displacement hull like the new boat has. Boat moves nicely in water.

Okay, a little more detail please. OAL, engines. Sounds like you
moved up to a man sized boat! Semi-displacement means you can still
get up on a plane, eh? Didn't go for the 8 kt trawler.

wrote:

Made it to our temporary slip on Deals without mishap thanks to
watchful eye and docking lessons from local, charterboat captain I
hired for a half day. I had no real experience with a semi
displacement hull like the new boat has. Boat moves nicely in water.

Okay, a little more detail please. OAL, engines. Sounds like you
moved up to a man sized boat! Semi-displacement means you can still
get up on a plane, eh? Didn't go for the 8 kt trawler.

Okay...but don't ask for many more details, else the trolls will jump
aboard. The boat is 37' LOA, and the diesels are Volvos, 250 hp each. In
theory, she will do 20-23+ knots, but I don't really know, since the
engines have not nearly completed break-in. We were running at 9 to 14
knots, mostly, varying the RPMs a lot.

We actually hit 2-3 footers on the way to Deale. No biggie out on the
ocean, but around here, that usually means a pretty stuff chop.

The hired skipper backed her right into the slip perfectly the first
time and probably could have done it blindfolded. He pulled out and I
backed in askew three times, but didn't whack anything. I was too
occupied to try it with the bow thruster. My BP these days hovers around
116/68...I know it was a lot higher later today. :)

--
Guns Don't Kill People -- Fundamentalist Religion Kills People!
jps jps is offline

wrote:

[...]

Sounds brilliant. Nice length, right power. There's nothing like
docking your twin screw boat for the first time. May you always have
a direct headwind or no wind at all.

Do you remember the brilliant piece written about a husband and wife
and their docking adventure? It's a good time to read again if you
have it. Let me know if you don't and I'll dig it up.

wrote:

[...]

A year ago, weren't you endorsing a special boating tax for large boats?

--
Dr. Karen Grear
For a good time contact a bricklayer.

wrote:

[...]

That was then this is now. Any thing larger than 37 ft. is now the rich boy gas guzzler.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a PC or a MAC, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a PC or a MAC, it's from an ID

The magnificent Boatless Harry

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Why would you want that when you have a 36' Zimmerman like lobsta' boat?

Harmony's Maiden Voyage Helen ASA 2 May 5th 08 10:21 PM
Porta-Bote Maiden Voyage and Sculling Modifications liv Skip Gundlach Boat Building 3 May 26th 06 01:12 PM
Porta-Bote Maiden Voyage and Sculling Modifications liv Skip Gundlach Cruising 3 May 26th 06 01:12 PM
Maiden voyage of the Seayanika Rick General 4 January 28th 04 08:05 PM
Maiden Voyage Phillip Beachwood General 0 June 23rd 03 02:26 PM