Default Social Networking

On Oct 11, 6:52*am, I am Tosk wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 13:19:00 -0400, Secular Humouresque
wrote:

Who is a regular user of social networking venues such as facebook, my
space, twitter, et cetera?

Not interested in your user names, just whether you use it regularly.

Not here. Seems silly to me. If you want a place to put up your
photos, set up a web page. Spare your friends and family from ads,
spam and tracking cookies.

Actually facebook is working it's way into our community and in fact is
a real standard now.

We FB with about a hundred close friends. We know who is going to
practice tracks, and "where you riding today", "who is going to rocky, I
need a tire", "which race we all doing this weekend", "any private
tracks open today", "anybody drive me to the track, I got gas money",
"oh man, crashed my bike, won't see you guys for a couple weeks till I
get parts"...

We also have first hand, instant information on race results around the
NE, injury reports, keep in touch with down riders, and set up rides,
events, homework... on a daily basis.

On a tangent though, I require my kids AND the folks she talks to, to
leave my access to their accounts open and I monitor heavily what she
writes and if her friends want to "friend" her, they must follow my
rules.. I have pulled posts down and once had to ground her for a week,
but she gets it, she knows every word she types is there forever.

My wife is in a similar situation with the horse community, they are
always on, as there is always issues with horses and riders, and trying
to schedule riding time together.

--
Can you imagine being the first President since President Carter, to be
compared to President Carter?

Once again, little toskie mentions activities that he uses to
supplement his useless life, living off the back of his Daughter.