Default Off Topic: Firefox beta "up" for Android Phones

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta

--
I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

On 10/10/10 9:18 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 19:53:52 -0400, Secular Humouresque
wrote:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta

There is an article in EE times warning people Google is tracking your
Android, just like they track your Google searches. I suspect the
phone will be getting spam next. If nothing else it will be likely
that it steers you to sites that pay Google ... like a google search.

Wow. Google is tracking my cell phone. Oh, the horror of it. :)

I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

On 10/10/10 10:25 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:48:09 -0400, Secular Humouresque
wrote:

wrote:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta

There is an article in EE times warning people Google is tracking your
Android, just like they track your Google searches. I suspect the
phone will be getting spam next. If nothing else it will be likely
that it steers you to sites that pay Google ... like a google search.

Wow. Google is tracking my cell phone. Oh, the horror of it. :)

I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

If spam and being led to sites that pay google for the traffic is not
a problem for you, rock on dude.

I don't get spam by using google on my laptop and desktop computers; I
haven't gotten any spam yet by my very occasional use of the google
search engine on my cell.

--
I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

wrote:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta

There is an article in EE times warning people Google is tracking your
Android, just like they track your Google searches. I suspect the
phone will be getting spam next. If nothing else it will be likely
that it steers you to sites that pay Google ... like a google search.

Wow. Google is tracking my cell phone. Oh, the horror of it. :)

I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

If spam and being led to sites that pay google for the traffic is not
a problem for you, rock on dude. You only have to hope that is all the
corporations will do with the data they collect.
It might be troubling for some kids if everything they look at on
their phone shows up when they are in a job interview. Being
blindsided at work by their tweets and facebook posts is already
happening.
It is just a matter of time before that includes a profile built on
your web browsing.

Of course the government is already doing that.

I'm willing to bet that Krause's inability to attract clients is directly related to his Internet activities.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a PC or a MAC, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a PC or a MAC, it's from an ID

The magnificent Boatless Harry

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:25:54 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:48:09 -0400, Secular Humouresque
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Damn, they'll know I'm spending all this time looking for a diesel engined
pickup!
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

Secular Humouresque wrote:
On 10/10/10 10:25 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:48:09 -0400, Secular Humouresque
wrote:

wrote:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta

There is an article in EE times warning people Google is tracking your
Android, just like they track your Google searches. I suspect the
phone will be getting spam next. If nothing else it will be likely
that it steers you to sites that pay Google ... like a google search.

Wow. Google is tracking my cell phone. Oh, the horror of it. :)

I'm not a warlock . . . I'm you!

If spam and being led to sites that pay google for the traffic is not
a problem for you, rock on dude.

I don't get spam by using google on my laptop and desktop computers; I
haven't gotten any spam yet by my very occasional use of the google
search engine on my cell.

You don't get dozens of owl pictures in your pop ups?