Tim Tim is offline

Default Total request for non-ethanol "marine" fuel

On Oct 12, 12:22*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 05:23:43 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Here's a short article on ethanol ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...ng-woes-101210...

I think the comment : "Corn doesn't kill. In fact, corn ethanol is
providing a bridge to the future with American-made biofuels that will
free us from dependence on foreign oil." * is a bit stiff, but at
least it's a stride.

Ethanol is just another farm subsidy. The midwest congressmen will not
be happy until there is corn in everything we buy. It is close now.
It is hard to find any processed food that does not have corn in it *

You're probably right. Grain prices are at about an all-time high now.

With a couple spurts in the comodity trading a few years ago, $5.00+
corn (per bushel) was almost unheard of. Not it's starting to be a
standard it seems.

More on the no E-15

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story...150815&catid=8

wrote:

Here's a short article on ethanol ...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...ng-woes-101210...

I think the comment : "Corn doesn't kill. In fact, corn ethanol is
providing a bridge to the future with American-made biofuels that will
free us from dependence on foreign oil." is a bit stiff, but at
least it's a stride.

Ethanol is just another farm subsidy. The midwest congressmen will not
be happy until there is corn in everything we buy. It is close now.
It is hard to find any processed food that does not have corn in it

You're probably right. Grain prices are at about an all-time high now.

With a couple spurts in the comodity trading a few years ago, $5.00+
corn (per bushel) was almost unheard of. Not it's starting to be a
standard it seems.

More on the no E-15

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story...150815&catid=8

We had a visit with a couple that farmed a small 1000 acres of mostly
corn for ethanol.
They won't/ can't eat it because of all the poison involved. Some may be
GMO with poison in the corn but I don't know because I didn't pry that much.
I hope the wildlife doesn't eat it.
The Ethanol Corn "Farmers" are ecstatic about legislating their product.
They are spending fortunes trying to strong arm Congress into forcing us
to use fuel with 15% Ethanol.
They must think they have a great chance at getting their way. Last
month we saw many farms knocking down the patches of woods, on their
farms and filling in little pot holes or whatever and leveling in
preparation to increase planting next year apparently.
When Big Ag complains about no profits but is investing in million
dollar machines capable of plowing what seems a five acres a minute or
more well......
Maybe they will level what was Detroit and plant though.