Default Total request for non-ethanol "marine" fuel

On 10/9/10 12:23 PM, A.Boater wrote:
On 9-Oct-2010, Secular wrote:

I've seen nothing to indicate you are someone who goes boating.

That is a fair comment, but the answer is, "No, and you probably won't."

I do share my boating life in moderated venues, where the nut cases are
either controlled or excluded. However, with all of the nuts, trolls,
lunatic trolls, stalkers and other mental defectives at rec.boats that post
names, addresses, phone numbers, maps of residences, make violent threats,
and otherwise flaunt cyber stalking laws, I'm just not going to expose
myself and my family to that risk.

So, I will withhold information that might reveal my identity.

This really isn't a boating discussion newsgroup, what with "all of the
nuts, trolls, lunatic trolls, stalkers and other mental defectives at
rec.boats that post names, addresses, phone numbers, maps of residences,
make violent threats, and otherwise flaunt cyber stalking laws..."

That's why *no* details of our new boat will be posted here.

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 9, 11:21*am, Secular Humouresque wrote:
On 10/9/10 12:14 PM, Tim wrote:

On Oct 9, 9:09 am, *wrote:
I thought that was pretty clear.

If you don't personally KNOW that 10% alcohol is a disaster, you aren't
actually USING the boat. An addition of 50% MORE alcohol will be an even
greater disaster.

In the 4 years since MTBE was banned and they stared putting alcohol in
fuel, I have overhauled the carbs on one engine twice and on the larger
boat, was forced to pay to polish the fuel to get the crap out of the tank
before it worked its way into the engine fuel system.

Just the SMELL of the fuel tells you the stuff has a shelf life about equal
to milk.

"If you don't personally KNOW that 10% alcohol is a disaster, you
aren't actually USING the boat. An addition of 50% MORE alcohol will
be an even *greater disaster.

Well, I USE my boats, but they *have chevy engines in them, they seem
to run on the 89.5 stuff just fine., and I agree that a 50/50 blend is
no really a good nor a practical idea.

* And I know the modern stabilizers *help the older 2 cycles, but it
seems that the way of the two stroke will probably go the way of the
steam engine.

"Just the SMELL of the fuel tells you the stuff has a shelf life about
equal to milk."

You mean it lasts that long?

Have you tried a good external fuel filter/water separator?
All of my outboards since the 1990's have had these, in addition to any
"under the hood" filter/separators the motors have had.

This spring, after sitting in the tanks of my Parker since November
2009, the 60 gallons of ethanol/gasoline had no trouble starting my
Yamaha start on the first try. It wasn't until two weekends later than I
had burned most of the fuel off and refilled the tank to 100 gallons.

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

Harry, I have been using 4 strokes for several years now, and only
have one 2 cycle which I've run but dont' really know that much about
it, but I'm learning. I know it pushes the 30' pontoon well, for a 85
hp. but it really likes to drink the fuel considering what I'm used to
with a mercruiser.

I'm up for any suggestions on how to improve the performance, economy
and reliability of the old engine, though.
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 9, 11:37*am, "A.Boater" wrote:
On *9-Oct-2010, Tim wrote:

Well, I USE my boats, but they *have chevy engines in them, they seem
to run on the 89.5 stuff just fine., and I agree that a 50/50 blend is
no really a good nor a practical idea.

I think the stuff will burn in any engine, but your power will decrease and
you fuel burn per hour will increase. That is just a physical reality that
alcohol has less heat energy than gasoline.

My point has been that there is water, water unforeseen by the engineers
that designed the marine fuel systems, sitting in and traveling through your
fuel system. Your fuel tank(s), fuel lines, and fuel distribution system is
being damaged. It is just a matter of time before you become painfully aware
of the problem. *There is also the problem that you will experience phase
separation and that you will be burning ONLY on alcohol, if you don't get
only water. Back to the 2-cycle folks. If you experience phase separation,
your 2-cycle oil separates out of the fuel and you have no lubrication.

And that's a bad problem with the E-85 fuel, Even with quality
stabilizers, the oil dosn't blend with the fuel and ends up totally
separating. Even if shaken well, the two properties get a divorce
really quick.
this is off the cuff, but I'd think that the boat mechanics love it
because it's good for business.

On 9-Oct-2010, Secular wrote:

[...]

Pity. I was so looking forward to hearing all about your boat.

--
I'm the real Harry, and I post from a PC or a MAC, as virtually everyone knows.
If a post is attributed to me, and it isn't from a PC or a MAC, it's from an ID

The magnificent Boatless Harry
Jim Jim is offline

On 9-Oct-2010, Secular wrote:

[...]

The object of your affection, the "real" Harry, doesn't seem to pay much
attention to or maybe even read your posts. That must be frustrating for
you.

I'm heading over to the marina shortly to take out my boat. My guess is
that you don't have a boat.

Tim Tim is offline

On *9-Oct-2010, Tim wrote:

[...]

pardon me, I should have said the mechanics 'would' love it... not
that they do....
Tim Tim is offline

On Oct 9, 11:59*am, "A.Boater" wrote:
Given the absurd quantity of spoofing by the self-identified righties that
has been so extreme that it even ran a number of their own ranks away, I'd
say you are making a wise decision. Spirited repartee is one thing, stalking
and threats really does cross a line.

LOL! I didn't know you had to be a 'rightie' to spoof.

"Spirited repartee is one thing, stalking and threats really does
cross a line."

agreed.

On 10/9/10 1:35 PM, Tim wrote:
On Oct 9, 11:21 am, Secular wrote:

This spring, after sitting in the tanks of my Parker since November
2009, the 60 gallons of ethanol/gasoline had no trouble starting my
Yamaha start on the first try. It wasn't until two weekends later than I
had burned most of the fuel off and refilled the tank to 100 gallons.

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

But are your Yamaha's computerized, fuel injected 4 cycle engines?

Both were.

On Oct 9, 1:09*pm, Secular Humouresque wrote:
On 10/9/10 1:35 PM, Tim wrote:

On Oct 9, 11:21 am, Secular *wrote:

This spring, after sitting in the tanks of my Parker since November
2009, the 60 gallons of ethanol/gasoline had no trouble starting my
Yamaha start on the first try. It wasn't until two weekends later than I
had burned most of the fuel off and refilled the tank to 100 gallons.

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

But are your Yamaha's computerized, fuel injected 4 cycle engines?

Both were.

--
Republicans are the Party of No:
No Leaders / No Ideas / No Morals

I'll settle for that. They one reason they had a better chance of
maintaining their reliability when running the standard ethanol.

On 10/9/10 1:39 PM, Tim wrote:
On Oct 9, 12:28 pm, wrote:
On 9-Oct-2010, wrote:

On Oct 9, 11:59 am, wrote:
Given the absurd quantity of spoofing by the self-identified righties
that
has been so extreme that it even ran a number of their own ranks away,
I'd
say you are making a wise decision. Spirited repartee is one thing,
stalking
and threats really does cross a line.

LOL! I didn't know you had to be a 'rightie' to spoof.

Tim, you aren't reading for content. Note that I said, "by the
self-identified righties." 95% of the spoofing has been by the rabid far
right. And THAT by THEIR OWN ADMISSION.

Who could forget this gem by FlaJim, when trying to convince Frogwatch to
stay?

"Whoa! We ID spoof to drive the libs and moderates out of here...not a
fellow rightie, especially one as edgy as you are."

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...thread/82c5483...

hmmm, I see what you're saying, I dont' get into such because i post
on google and don't use a reader so I'm not really privy to sorting
out who is who and what is what. and I dont' live on here like some so
there's lots of posts/threads I totally miss.

So, maybe I miss a lot, but I didnt' think so.

If driving the "libs and moderates out of here" is the goal as stated by
flajim, it is a goal they haven't achieved.