Default Oilfield EXPLOSION redux

I googled Gulf of Mexico oil rig explosion, and came up with an article from
of all places, the Arizona Wildcat.

Wild accusations of explosions and oil sheen, although a sheen could not be
seen EVEN FROM A HELICOPTER, which tells you there WAS NO SHEEN. And does
anyone know the difference between a sheen and an oil spill?

Class?

Class?

We have all put out substantial sheens while starting and priming our boats,
that is those few here who actually DO have a boat. You can get one hell of
a sheen from one cup of water. In a helicopter, you can position yourself
with the sun to see any visible sheen, and they couldn't do it.

The article started out with EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION, EXPLOSION, and
comparisons to BP. Then the facts were stated. No explosion, and a small
fire from stored combustibles, all wells shut in, all personnel alive and
accounted for. But who said that? Governor Bobby Jindal, trying to reduce
hysteria and hyperventilation in the room.

The story did state that the men did don their survival suits and jump into
the water, for what reason I do not know. As facts and reports come out,
that will be revealed.

What I found interesting was the first EIGHT paragraphs were filled with
information about government reactions, talk of restricting drilling, (they
weren't even drilling) banning development, "investigations", blah blah
blah.

Then in paragraph NINE, they talk about the facts in a very very very short
paragraph. It did say they were picked up in a life raft, but that could
mean an escape capsule, as some of these morons do not know the difference
between the two, but raft sounds more dire. Google oil rig escape pod.
They are very different, easily distinguishable, but it will be interesting
to see what it actually was. Anyone who can't tell the difference should be
drug tested.

The Mariner spokesman, who should know more than anybody said that they did
not know the circumstances of why the men did go into the water, but this
report is early, and perhaps more has been said on the issue since then.

It was interesting that they did have survival suits, something that was
nonexistent in the 70's when we were out there. In the summer, a guy would
have a chance in a life jacket. Not in winter.

Like other rational people, I'll want to get the facts for a final
conclusion. In the meantime, I'll just watch all these hysterical fools run
around the room and run into each other.

Mind if I share this corner with you, Bub? This is funny, isn't it?

Steve

"Steve B" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, a fireball = no explosion... perhaps in your mind.

Explosion and fire down my pier Keith Cruising 1 March 31st 07 03:31 PM
Explosion and Fire! Bob Crantz ASA 1 July 10th 06 05:06 PM
Yacht Explosion, Little Current, Ontario Kevin Despot Cruising 1 July 28th 05 02:52 PM
3+ die in tanker explosion off Virginia Harry Krause General 0 February 29th 04 11:00 AM
Settlement in Silverton Boat Explosion Roger General 10 January 9th 04 02:34 AM