Default Boating Books For Sale

I'm knocked out that I've been advertising these books and haven't gotten a
single reply!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/1897296263.html

On Aug 13, 7:25*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:
I'm knocked out that I've been advertising these books and haven't gotten a
single reply!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/1897296263.html

Problem is that you're assuming that people are interest in the same
pile of books you are. Plus craigs list is a local forum and
specialty stuff doesn't ever do well on it. I suggest you put it on
ebay. Start it at $5. Weight them and offer usps media mail
shipping. Then you'll get what ever the market will bear. Plus
you'll probably reach some resellers that use ebay to as a stock
source for their brick and mortar used book stores.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:25:06 -0700, "Tom Kunich"
wrote:

I'm knocked out that I've been advertising these books and haven't gotten a
single reply!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/1897296263.html

Tom, if I buy another book my wife of 53 years might divorce me. But,
my interest in "boat" books is in tales of adventure such as my latest
read, "The Happy Isles Of Oceania" by Paul Theroux. Ok, it involves a
canoe, which in a way is a boat. I'm now reading "So noble a captain
the life and times of Ferdinand Magellan." (for the third time)
In fiction, the Bounty trilogy, all the Hornblower books, Melville,
etc.
So, got any books like that in your collection for sale? Or are they
all instructional type books?
I don't mind a few instructional but I gotta have some fiction
adventure and non-fiction stuff like what I've described.
I'm in SJ. SL is just up the road. Maybe we can deal. (?)
Eddie

.
So, got any books like that in your collection for sale? Or are they
all instructional type books?

I provided a list of the books in the collection.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:37:52 -0700, "Tom Kunich"
wrote:

"Eddie" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:25:06 -0700, "Tom Kunich"
.
So, got any books like that in your collection for sale? Or are they
all instructional type books?

I provided a list of the books in the collection.

I know. But I can't tell which are the books that fall under the
themes and tones I like. Some titles are obvious.
I've deleted that post. I went to craigslist and couldn't find it.
Can you provide the date you posted? I should be able to find it
using the date.
Thanks
Eddie

wrote:

[...]

Eddie, I just came across this post of yours. I also enjoy nautical fiction. I
stumbled across this site a while back. It's provided some good leads and info
for nautical book fans.

If you've not read the Patrick O'Brian series, it's a must.

http://www.boat-links.com/books/nfl/nautfic-01A.html
--

John H

On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 05:59:08 -0400, John H
wrote:

http://www.boat-links.com/books/nfl/nautfic-01A.html

Thanks for reminding me about John Kohnen's web site. It was one of
the first boating sites on the internet back in the 90's and he did a
great job putting all the links together. There's some familiar
names out there if you look closely. :-)

http://www.boat-links.com/boatlink.html#top

Boating World going out of business sale Frogwatch[_2_] General 6 April 8th 09 01:13 PM
Boating Basics: Books to Read Before You Set Foot in a Boat [email protected] ASA 0 June 17th 07 12:06 PM
Boating gear for sale Liz ASA 0 September 1st 04 09:42 AM
Boating Domain Name For Sale - Web Site Name Mark S. Oltedale General 0 June 28th 04 10:15 PM
39 Sailing Books for Sale Over40pirate ASA 3 June 24th 04 11:32 AM