Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Another great Lake Anna day.

Took Renee and her kids out again yesterday, between thunderstorms, none of
which got close to Lake Anna (or Lake Nuke, as Harry says). Actually there is a
nuclear power plant right there on the lake, but none of the fish are glowing.
Last night I woke up to go pee, and nothing on my body was glowing either, so I
guess it's pretty safe. (Of course, if I lived 20 miles from the nuclear power
station at Calvert Cliffs on the Chesapeake, I wouldn't be making snide comments
about Lake Anna!!)

To quell any questions, here is Lake Anna's claim to fame:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ithRyan050.jpg

I got the new towable, which the little guys loved. The thing allows one to sit
almost inside and lean back. Much more comfortable that the one they laid on.

Renee loved it!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ithRyan048.jpg

One nice thing about Lake Anna is that the calmness allowed us to just cut the
engine and enjoy the water (the water temp was about 85F).

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ithRyan053.jpg

Even Opa got into the act!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ithRyan041.jpg

Smiles like this say it all...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ithRyan041.jpg

This trip we found some islands with nice little beaches there on. Looking
forward to taking other daughter out there on Monday.

We're going to Solomon's Island, MD, for the weekend. Will try to get in a
little fishing and playing. This will be my wife's first time towing a boat with
her Highlander. We'll see how it goes.

Have a super weekend!!
--

John H

Great Day at Lake Anna, VA John H[_2_] General 6 August 5th 10 06:45 PM
Great day at the lake! Tim General 29 September 13th 09 09:31 PM
Man, what a great time on the lake this afternoon! Tim General 16 July 14th 09 02:08 PM
Houseboating Memorial Day Lake Mead and Lake Mohave USATraveler General 2 May 19th 06 05:26 PM
Great Canal and Great Lake trip site Roger Long Cruising 3 June 7th 05 03:21 PM