Default Things you know you may regret...

"Harold" wrote in message

"Harry ?" wrote in message
On 7/14/10 4:07 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
news On 7/14/10 3:27 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
I know I am going to regret this, but.

I've decided to rip out the last sliding patio door in our house
and
replace it with inward opening double French doors and double
screen
doors. The part I think I will regret is that I'm convincing
myself
that
I ought be the one who removes the old door and installs the new
doors.
think it is just a hair beyond my carpentry capabilities, so it
would
be
good learning experience for me. If I do that right, why, maybe
I'll
start building rowboats in my spare time!

Anyway, I ordered the doors and trimmings and I'll have about four
weeks
to make up my mind before they arrive. Choice was between wood
doors,
clad
wood doors, or fiberglass doors. I ordered the latter.

If you're a believer, pray for me. :)

Check your building codes re inward opening doors.

Are you alluding to some...secret? Most of the front doors I've seen
around here open inward. In fact, most hinged doors, except for
screen
doors, open inward.

Codes may have changed. They did in Florida. Ask Eisboch what failed
and
cost him over 100k in damages.

In all the houses I've lived in, I've never had an exterior door that
opened outward, except for screen doors or storm doors. I think "crank"
windows, though, have to open outward.

WHATEVER

Well, *you* brought it up.

No sir. This is your thread. I'm just trying to point you in the right
direction, seein as how you don't have a compass of any kind.

HAHAHAHAHA... so, your "right" direction is to tell him to look at building
code issues for normal doors that open inward? Well, ok.

"YukonBound" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

On 7/14/10 2:54 PM, YukonBound wrote:
In ,
says...

I know I am going to regret this, but?

I?ve decided to rip out the last sliding patio door in our house and
replace it with inward opening double French doors and double screen
doors. The part I think I will regret is that I?m convincing myself
that I ought be the one who removes the old door and installs the new
doors. I think it is just a hair beyond my carpentry capabilities, so
it
would be a good learning experience for me. If I do that right, why,
maybe I?ll start building rowboats in my spare time!

Anyway, I ordered the doors and trimmings and I?ll have about four
weeks
to make up my mind before they arrive. Choice was between wood doors,
clad wood doors, or fiberglass doors. I ordered the latter.

If you're a believer, pray for me. :)

I'm going to finish painting my house. Hopefully I'll get it done this
year. The trouble is, by the time I finish, the place where I started
will be three years old! My son's no help at all, I'm afraid he'd be
drunk and falling off the ladder, etc.

You don't really think that anyone believes you are Don when you spoof
his ID, do you? Well, maybe a few of the right-wing retardos here might
believe it...

Do you want me to post my address in Halifax as proof?

Looney...you are a lonely, pathetic individual.
There must be a teeny-bopper arm you can break somewhere.

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

"Harry " wrote in message
news
On 7/14/10 3:27 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]

Good grief... why would anyone have an outward opening door, except for a
screen door? Even trailer homes open inward. I don't think I've ever see
one that opened outward on a residential home. They only have them on
commercial property for safety issues, e.g., quick exit.

They might be of some advantage if you lived in a very cold... windy
area.... or in a high crime area.
A metal outward opening door would be much harder to 'kick in'.

On 7/14/10 6:03 PM, nom=de=plume wrote:

"Harold" wrote in message

"Harry ?" wrote in message
"Harry wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]

Hey...he *was* in the navy.

wrote in message
This is the Florida code, based on the ICC residential codes

R311.4 Doors.

R311.4.1 Exit door required. Not less than one exit door conforming
to this section shall be provided for each dwelling unit. The required
exit door shall provide for direct access from the habitable portions
of the dwelling to the exterior without requiring travel through a
garage. Access to habitable levels not having an exit in accordance
with this section shall be by a ramp in accordance with Section R311.6
or a stairway in accordance with Section R311.5.

R311.4.2 Door type and size. The required exit door shall be a
side-hinged door not less than 3 feet (914 mm) in width and 6 feet 8
inches (2032 mm) in height. Other doors shall not be required to
comply with these minimum dimensions.

R311.4.3 Landings at doors. There shall be a floor or landing on
each side of each exterior door.

Exception: Where a stairway of two or fewer risers is located on
the exterior side of a door, a landing is not required for the
exterior side of the door.

The floor or landing at exterior doors required by Section
R311.4.1 shall not be required to comply with this requirement but
shall have a rise no greater than that permitted in Section R311.5.3.

The width of each landing shall not be less than the door served.
Every landing shall have a minimum dimension of 36 inches (914 mm)
measured in the direction of travel.

R311.4.4 Type of lock or latch. All egress doors shall be readily
openable from the side from which egress is to be made without the use
of a key or special knowledge or effort.

What's Flatulent Jim babbling about?
I don't see anything that says the door must open outward.

"Harry ?" wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]

Flatulent is thinking of commercial establishments.

I don't think so Mr. bowlegged ball licker.

Well...I guess you're not thinking at all then!
Step aside and let the men with some construction experience talk.

"YukonBound" wrote in message

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

"Harry ?" wrote in message
news
On 7/14/10 3:27 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]

Wouldn't a door that's harder to kick in, be harder to blow in? Places where
it snows might find an outward opening door inconvenient though. Also inward
opening doors use up some of the valuable interior square footage that's
worth what? $200 per.
All my exterior doors are steel. Only the front door opens inward. I put a
good quality storm door on it. Of course it gets a bit windier here, at
times, than most other areas.

I spent a couple of minutes looking for codes that applied to innies and
outies and came up short. So I guess that it's left up to individuals to
decide what they want.

"Harold" wrote in message

"Harry ?" wrote in message
"Harry wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]

Hey, well at least now you know.

"Harry ?" wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]

Who that be. Ye who has to use two hands to roll a bowling ball.

"YukonBound" wrote in message

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

"Harry " wrote in message
news
On 7/14/10 3:27 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
On 7/14/10 3:15 PM, Harold wrote:
"Harry wrote in message
[...]

Certainly true, but typically they're not used in residential areas. You
have to secure the hinges for example. Maybe "Harold" lives in a high crime
area.

Obama too quick to regret Mike[_9_] ASA 0 July 10th 08 03:38 PM
40 things Sir Rodney Smithers General 6 November 21st 05 05:55 PM
a few things paddleORdye Whitewater 2 September 7th 05 01:43 PM
Things that BS know nothing about. John Cairns ASA 10 August 31st 04 08:50 PM
Things you just can't do without! [email protected] General 3 July 29th 04 03:14 PM