Default OT Great article in Washington Post...

....talks about the International Monetary Fund's assessment and how Europe
presents the greatest threat to global economic recovery. I see little
difference in how Europe got to where it is and where Obama is leading this
country. Maybe I'm just myopic.

http://tinyurl.com/2v54xku

The most strange part of the Post article is what is omitted.

"WASHINGTON — The International Monetary Fund is calling for the United States
to make a stronger effort to curb its budget deficits."

http://tinyurl.com/3yj8f3b

Further, "It noted that because of the recession and the government's spending
to battle the downturn, the amount of U.S. government debt held by the public
has almost doubled since 2007 and now stands at 64 percent of the economy as
measured by the gross domestic product, the highest level since 1950.

The IMF said it projected that under current government policies, that debt
burden would grow to 95 percent of GDP by 2020 and climb to 135 percent of GDP
by 2030."
--
John H

All decisions are the result of binary thinking.

"John H" wrote in message
...talks about the International Monetary Fund's assessment and how Europe
presents the greatest threat to global economic recovery. I see little
difference in how Europe got to where it is and where Obama is leading
this
country. Maybe I'm just myopic.

No you're not just myopic. You're a freakin idiot.

http://tinyurl.com/2v54xku

The most strange part of the Post article is what is omitted.

"WASHINGTON - The International Monetary Fund is calling for the United
States
to make a stronger effort to curb its budget deficits."

http://tinyurl.com/3yj8f3b

So, all of a sudden you've decided to listen to the IMF. Sounds like a
one-world gov't in the making to me.

On Jul 8, 1:54*pm, "nom=de=plume" wrote:

So, all of a sudden you've decided to listen to the IMF. Sounds like a
one-world gov't in the making to me.

Of course, D'Plume. To you, it is.

"TopBassDog" wrote in message
On Jul 8, 1:54 pm, "nom=de=plume" wrote:

So, all of a sudden you've decided to listen to the IMF. Sounds like a
one-world gov't in the making to me.

Of course, D'Plume. To you, it is.

Of course, you're a stalker and a moron.

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:54:33 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"WASHINGTON - The International Monetary Fund is calling for the United
States
to make a stronger effort to curb its budget deficits."

http://tinyurl.com/3yj8f3b

So, all of a sudden you've decided to listen to the IMF. Sounds like a
one-world gov't in the making to me.

IMF has to say that to us if they are going to have any credibility
with Greece and the rest of the PIGS

So, does that mean the right-wing should or shouldn't listen to them....

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:30:10 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:51:18 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"WASHINGTON - The International Monetary Fund is calling for the United
States
to make a stronger effort to curb its budget deficits."

http://tinyurl.com/3yj8f3b

So, all of a sudden you've decided to listen to the IMF. Sounds like a
one-world gov't in the making to me.

IMF has to say that to us if they are going to have any credibility
with Greece and the rest of the PIGS

So, does that mean the right-wing should or shouldn't listen to them....

We are going to have to thread the needle between stimulating the
economy and crashing it with runaway debt.

EXACTLY!!

It is a tipping point situation. Once we lose the confidence of the
lenders, most of them in Europe, the end could come quickly. We are
currently blessed with very low interest rates but that could change
at the next treasury auction.

yep. dead on target

wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:51:18 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"WASHINGTON - The International Monetary Fund is calling for the
United
States
to make a stronger effort to curb its budget deficits."

http://tinyurl.com/3yj8f3b

So, all of a sudden you've decided to listen to the IMF. Sounds like a
one-world gov't in the making to me.

IMF has to say that to us if they are going to have any credibility
with Greece and the rest of the PIGS

So, does that mean the right-wing should or shouldn't listen to them....

We are going to have to thread the needle between stimulating the
economy and crashing it with runaway debt.
It is a tipping point situation. Once we lose the confidence of the
lenders, most of them in Europe, the end could come quickly. We are
currently blessed with very low interest rates but that could change
at the next treasury auction.

The treasury has already indicated no change is likely. There's always a
tipping point. The _point_ is that we can't cut back on spending in the
middle of a nasty recession. That was tried and it failed.

I listened to David Frum on NPR. He had an interesting take on inflation,
basically saying that mild inflation would take a big bite out of the debt
situation.

http://www.frumforum.com/the-rising-threat-of-deflation
http://www.frumforum.com/frum-inflation-has-merits

An interesting perspective.

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 17:47:10 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

I listened to David Frum on NPR. He had an interesting take on inflation,
basically saying that mild inflation would take a big bite out of the debt
situation.

It will also take a bite out of your life savings and fixed income if
you have any. Inflation is a hidden tax on the thrifty.

wrote:

I listened to David Frum on NPR. He had an interesting take on inflation,
basically saying that mild inflation would take a big bite out of the debt
situation.

It will also take a bite out of your life savings and fixed income if
you have any. *Inflation is a hidden tax on the thrifty.

As John H has previously stated in another thread: "She's not figured
that out yet. "

wrote:

I listened to David Frum on NPR. He had an interesting take on inflation,
basically saying that mild inflation would take a big bite out of the debt
situation.

It will also take a bite out of your life savings and fixed income if
you have any. Inflation is a hidden tax on the thrifty.

Well... sure. It's an issue. It still seems better than deflation, which is
his point.