Default My weekend boating...

Talk boating in a boating NG you say? Well, OK…

Boat season is wide open here in SC, and has been for some time now.
Last Friday, my wife’s parents and her brother came to visit, and we
all got in the boat and went to the Rusty Anchor, a restaurant and
marina on the NE part of the lake, for dinner. Good food, good
weather, and a nice sunset.

Saturday morning her folks went back home, but her brother stayed.
After taking care of some things around the house, the three of us hit
the lake again about 10:30 that morning. Tried out the new tube, rode
and swam, and ate some lunch we had brought with us. Middle afternoon
we went to the Dockside to listen to the band and relax for a bit, and
ran into a friend I work with that lives on the lake. Hung out a bit,
made plans for Sunday, and was tied back up at the slip around 6pm.

Sunday morning we were back on the water by 9:20am. Picked up the
friend at 10 on his dock, then the four of us headed to Spinner’s
Resort for Sunday Brunch. Crab Cake Benedict… yum, yum!! What a
great place.

http://www.spinnersresort.com/

Tying up at their dock we spotted this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/JackG/LYMANs1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/JackG/LYMANs2.jpg

Bad iPhone pictures, but it was very nicely maintained, interior was
pristine. Cool boat.

We left there and headed back to my friend's cove for some skiing,
then dropped him off and headed back to our slip. We had the boat
covered and were back home by 3:30.

Whew! What a weekend. And we have to keep doing this until
October. :-

On Jun 15, 4:17*pm, W1TEF wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:08:59 -0700 (PDT), Jack
wrote:

Tying up at their dock we spotted this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/JackG/LYMANs1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/JackG/LYMANs2.jpg

I saw that boat the last time I was down there cruising around in the
area of Bomb Island - very nice boat. *Distinctive - can't miss what
it is.

Great that you got out. *The Grady is calling my name, but it looks
like we won't get down there until late July at the earliest. *I'm
bummed - no boat up here.

We need to get together for that resturant run sometime. *Dinner is on
us.

By the way, the Ranger still there? *The boys haven't been down in a
while - Ryan and wife just had twins and Chris has been mostly on
patrol and school plus the new baby. *:)

Yep... I put my eyes on it again last weekend. This time of year I'm
down there at least 2-3 times a week, so won't go missing for long
without me noticing. :-)

Make sure to let me know when you'll be here.

Tom is...bostless...

[...]

Beautiful boat!

Hang in there. You'll make it through the summer, although it's going to be a
lot of suffering and agony.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

Make sure to let me know when you'll be here.- Hide quoted text -

Excellent, guys! I was thinking of going this evening, but if you type
in zip code 62824 to a live weather feed you'll find out why I'm not
going to make it. We're right in the middle of getting a good raw
shelacing storm. Possible tornado warnings etc.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:23:16 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Excellent, guys! I was thinking of going this evening, but if you type
in zip code 62824 to a live weather feed you'll find out why I'm not
going to make it. We're right in the middle of getting a good raw
shelacing storm. Possible tornado warnings etc.

Best to increase the scope ratio on that concrete block ground tackle
of yours. :-)

wrote:

Talk boating in a boating NG you say? Well, OK…

Boat season is wide open here in SC, and has been for some time now.
Last Friday, my wife’s parents and her brother came to visit, and we
all got in the boat and went to the Rusty Anchor, a restaurant and
marina on the NE part of the lake, for dinner. Good food, good
weather, and a nice sunset.

a delight...i love boating...

On 6/15/10 5:23 PM, Tim wrote:

Excellent, guys! I was thinking of going this evening, but if you type
in zip code 62824 to a live weather feed you'll find out why I'm not
going to make it. We're right in the middle of getting a good raw
shelacing storm. Possible tornado warnings etc.

Hey...you don't live far from my first college girlfriend, a saucy gal
who married another college friend and moved, of all places, to
Hannibal, MO. They're still there. Talk about small towns...wow...but it
has its charm.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Excellent, guys! I was thinking of going this evening, but if you type
in zip code 62824 to a live weather feed you'll find out why I'm not
going to make it. We're right in the middle of getting a good raw
shelacing storm. Possible tornado warnings etc.

Best to increase the scope ratio on that concrete block ground tackle
of yours. * :-)

Wes, Wayne. I think I might need to re-evaluate my anchorage , like.
drive stakes and chain the pontoon to the ground!
Tim Tim is offline

On Jun 15, 4:36*pm, Harry wrote:
On 6/15/10 5:23 PM, Tim wrote:

Excellent, guys! I was thinking of going this evening, but if you type
in zip code 62824 to a live weather feed you'll find out why I'm not
going to make it. We're right in the middle of getting a good raw
shelacing storm. Possible tornado warnings etc.

Hey...you don't live far from my first college girlfriend, a saucy gal
who married another college friend and moved, of all places, to
Hannibal, MO. They're still there. Talk about small towns...wow...but it
has its charm.

I'm surte my town is smaller and by ratio has even less if any charm
at all.