BoatBanter.com

-   -   My weekend boating... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/115880-my-weekend-boating.html)

Tim June 19th 10 02:06 PM

My weekend boating...

On Jun 18, 9:27*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:16:19 -0700 (PDT), Jack
wrote:

On Jun 18, 9:29*pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:59:17 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

Whatever. I could see me living there. It's very beautiful. a lot
nicer than the flatlands of nowhere that I'm living in now.

There is nothing wrong with South Carolina except that it is too cold
in the winter.

Hey!! *At least we have more than 2 seasons, and our palmetto bugs are
smaller than yours. *:-

I'd be happy if we just had one season called "just right" or
something like that. *As it is now there are three seasons: *dry
season, rainy season and hurricane season. *And you can keep those
wimpy little palmetto bugs of yours. *The big ones are easier to see,
easier to catch, and make a more satisfying crunching noise. *:-)

I bet they could make good fish bait, too!

Richard Casady June 19th 10 03:56 PM

My weekend boating...

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:43:43 -0700 (PDT), Jack
wrote:

Another good reason to have a moderate climate residence as a base,
with a warmer place for the winter. Huh, am I gonna turn into a SC
snowbird?

When I was desk jockey at Charleston AFB there were two seasons: Blues
and 1505s. Blues were long sleeved jackets worn over a long sleeved
shirt and tie, while the tan 1505 uniform featured a short sleeved
shirt with an open collar. There were always a few hot days in the
spring and cold ones in the fall before the uniform change, when you
suffered.

Casady